Job #: 7597
Title: Project Engineer
Job Location: Kansas City, Missouri - United States
Salary: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great opportunity for a Project Manager JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Apply general engineering principles to develop and implement capital projects that will reduce costs, improve operating efficiency, progress quality, and improve safety.
2. Provide engineering support for new equipment upgrades and special projects in the Thermoforming and Printing departments.
3. Develop project plans and schedules; estimate time and costs; track project progression.
4. Report on project progress, limiting factors and issues, changes in project scope, develop contingency plans, and resolve issues impeding progress.
5. Collaborate with production personnel to develop new projects, identify limiting factors in current projects, and create/maintain relationships.
6. Assist Product Development with engineering support for new product lines.
7. Aid in the testing of process ability of new or advanced resins and inks.
8. Prioritize projects and machine/mold/printer needs.
9. Ability to work individually and within a team environment.
10. Comply with all company Environmental Health and Safety and Department of Health requirements.
Bachelors degree in engineering OR equivalent experience required.
Willingness and ability to work hands-on to implement projects on equipment.
CAD experience (preferably SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD)
Strong organizational and communication skills with ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
Motivation and commitment to continuous improvement
Visual acuity of at least 20/50 for distance (corrected or uncorrected) and a minimal near vision ability to read 10 12 point font at a distance of 12 18 inches.
Working knowledge of thermoforming and/or printing equipment.
Demonstrated hands-on mechanical ability
Advanced education (formal or otherwise) in continuous improvement (Lean, Six Sigma, etc.)
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: