Job #: 7604
Title: Data Analytics Specialist Data Scientist
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois - United States
Salary: $130,000.00 - $175,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Strong annual bonuses and superior benefit
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This outstanding opportunity is located in Stamford CT and is easily commutable from New York City. We are seeking a candidate who will relocate to within commutable distance to Stamford. Relocation assistance is available.
Our client is a mid-sized, highly successful financial-technology company with an outstanding reputation for technological innovation. They seek a smart, self-directed Data Analytics Specialist who will work as an individual-contributor, analyzing trends in complex internal data sets and developing recommendations for leveraging these trends to provide advanced and needed software products and services for a worldwide customer base.
The company offers long-term stability, interesting, challenging work and exceptional compensation potential. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Analyze patterns in complex data sets, define product usage and develop recommendations to expand services to leverage continued corporate growth
- Identify information needs based around current products and services and track how they are being used by current customers.
- Design and improve internal data collection and database designs to optimize efficiency and improve the data quality
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and strategic objectives using a data-driven approach
- Identify additional data sources that can be used to enhance current data sets and improve analysis
- Maximize self-directed and independent work, planning and managing the life-cycle of data collection and research-focused projects.
- PhD or Masters in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or another hard science field.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of experience in a corporate setting doing complex data mining and data and business analysis
- Strong analytical skills with ability to extract meaningful trends from complex data.
- Ability to distill key findings and make meaningful business and product recommendations for improving software-product service offerings in this already-successful global financial services company.
- Experience using statistical programming languages such as R, SAS, or Python plus appropriate toolkits for analyzing large, complex datasets
- Experience with SQL and data modeling is a plus
- Strong experience with optimizing data collection as well as database design, data mining and data modeling.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Expert problem-solving skills and creative thinking ability
- Experience planning and managing the life-cycle of data collection and research-focused projects.
These additional skills or areas of knowledge would be a plus: data analytics, business intelligence, computational statistics, business analytics, statistical analysis, data mining, predictive modeling.
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: