Job #: 7526
Title: Accounting Policy Analyst
Job Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - United States
Salary: $75,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Accounting Policy Reporting Specialist is responsible for maintaining the accounting policies. This includes tracking new and pending accounting pronouncements and assessing their impact on the company in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), SEC and regulatory rules. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Accounting Policy Reporting Specialist will demonstrate proficiency in:
- Maintaining the company`s Accounting Policy Manual.
- Owning the system of record for technical accounting decisions, including all necessary supporting documentation and filing system.
- Researching accounting issues; ensuring current accounting practices are in accordance with GAAP, SEC and other regulatory guidance; and appropriately documenting all conclusions.
- Tracking new or pending accounting rules, assessing their impact on the company, and providing appropriate communication to the Finance Department and other affected departments.
- Assisting in the communication of complex accounting issues both verbally and in writing to peers, staff and all levels of management to facilitate appropriate decision-making.
- Within general accounting, assuming responsibility for certain complex monthly/quarterly accounting functions, such as the allowance for credit losses and OTTI accounting.
- Providing support in the development and maintenance of Sarbanes-Oxley internal control documentation.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA or CMA required
- Minimum of five years of accounting experience in public accounting and/or financial services industry
- Extensive understanding and knowledge of general accounting practices
- Understanding and application of GAAP on a consistent basis
- Highly developed interpersonal/verbal skills and excellent written communication skills to motivate internal staff, collaborate with peers and other department customers, and effectively communicate with auditors and examiners
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: