Job #: 7530
Title: Registered Nurse
Job Location: Anchorage, Alaska - United States
Salary: $32.00 - $45.00 - US Dollars - Hourly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Ideally an Alaskan candidate will surface but client is open to non-local candidates.
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for a registered nurse who thrives in a personable, supportive and cooperative environment. Our client is a growing specialty clinic operating succinctly with contracted physician groups and referral networks in Alaska. Its team members like to work collaboratively, are eager to help others and are committed to learning. This position is located in Anchorage, AK and would be perfect for an RN who is a patient communicator, who has impecable ethics and who has sustained compassion and empathy with patients and their families. JOB DESCRIPTION
This RN position assumes the following key responsibilities.
- Identify patient educational needs and implement individualized education plan ensuring the patient knows what to expect during care, what to expect after being discharged and how to recognize and manage side effects. Consistently document education provided.
- Perform patient triage through medication questionnaires, phone and in-person interviews. Of key importance here is the attention to detail as well as the commitment to patient needs and concerns. Identify patient problems or needs by collecting subjective data including but not limited to changes in physiological, psychological, sociological, and spiritual needs.
- Assist physicians with examinations, special procedures and other processes related to patient care. This would include preparing patient, informing provider of any applicable information, preparing room and equipment, etc.
The above responsibilities are significant but certainly don`t represent the entire job. Below are other duties/activities that would keep the RN busy and hopefully, productive in his/her quest to provide quality patient care.
- Monitor physical findings, test results and studies, using knowledge of the disease process to interpret findings and identify potential complications.
- Initiate treatments and medications as ordered by providers according to policies and protocols.
- Coordinate patient care and collaborate with other disciplines and health care professionals to develop, evaluate and modify nursing plans of care.
- Assess effects of illness on patient and significant others.
- Document all aspects of patient care in a timely manner, including but not limited to, overall patient condition as determined via assessments, findings/studies/results, and care given.
- Schedule patients appropriately.
- Coordinate and deliver nursing interventions safely and competently, evaluate and document effects of interventions, and modify care accordingly.
- Facilitate device interrogation for pacemakers and nerve stimulators.
Qualified candidates would have a Bachelors Degree in Nursing from an accredited nursing program. In addition, the following needs should be considered:
- Current and unencumbered State of Alaska RN Licensure. (Or obtained by date of employment.)
- Current BLS, CPR and ACLS certification.
- Compliance with annual mandatory education.
- Compliance with annual immunization requirements.
- Moderate sedation Certification preferred.
- No less than two (2) years of nursing experience in a medical practice setting.
The above represents those tangible qualifications needed. However, we all know that technical and behavioral competencies are needed as well. The clinic is looking for someone who can prove he/she is self motivated to learn and adapt, who has a heightened sense of urgency without the need for constant emergencies or adreline, and is able to adapt to a variety of practice models. In addition, the individual will naturally have a steep learning curve to the policies and protocols of this specialty clinic so patience and an open mind is necessary. Finally, this clinic prides itself on quality patient care so it goes without saying that it needs a compassionate, empathetic, self-driven, flexible candidate with a positive attitude.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: