Job #: 7503
Title: Senior Quantitative Modeling Associate
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois - United States
Salary: $110,000.00 - $190,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Essential Job Functions JOB DESCRIPTION
For its Risk Modeling & Analytics Group, the client bank is looking for a Senior Quantitative Modeling Associate to develop analytical methods and models that assess the credit risk of financial products. This individual will build and perform qualitative and quantitative analysis on all credit portfolios and credit risk analytics.
Senior Quantitative Modeling Associate responsibilities include:
- Develop CECL compliant loss forecasting models including probability of default (PD), exposure at default (EAD), loss given default (LGD) and risk rating migration.
- Perform model testing, model implementation and model monitoring.
- Prepare comprehensive model documentation that meet internal and regulatory standards.
- Participate in all stages of model development from model methodology and framework design, data preparation, segmentation, model development, model testing and calibration.
- Implement the models and monitor model performance.
- Support independent model validation, internal and external audit, and regulators reviews.
- Interacts with model owners/users, validators and regulators to address model issues and remediation actions. Interact with business units within the client bank to better understand their portfolio, risk exposures and modeling needs.
- Work on various ad hoc quantitative, modeling, and programming assignments.
Senior Quantitative Modeling Associate
- PhD or Masters degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Mathematics or related quantitative field
- At least 4 years hands on work and research experience of advanced analytical skills in the areas of statistics, economic/econometrics modeling and data mining applicable to risk management in banking industry
- 4+ years of experience of analytical and modeling methods including binary and multinomial logistic regression, multivariate analysis, cluster analysis, time series analysis, and panel data analysis
- 4+ years of experience in programming languages and statistical software including SAS, SQL Working knowledge of SAS or other advanced statistical/econometric analysis software
- The ability to understand generally accepted accounting principles
- Ability to clearly present analytical findings and methodology to both technical and non-technical audiences and make business recommendations via the use of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office with advanced experience in Excel
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills with business intuition and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to multi-tasking and stay organized and focused on delivering results
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: