Job #: 7490
Title: Senior Ag Loan Officer
Job Location: Tifton, Georgia - United States
Salary: $135,000.00 - $185,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Senior Ag Loan Officer
Position General Responsibilities:
Administration of an established agricultural loan portfolio, servicing it as needed to ensure maximum profitability for the Bank. Development of new business through calling on existing and potential customers and representing the Bank in community activities.
Dimension of Job:
Process and approve agriculture and consumer loan requests. Inspection and verification of collateral and evaluation of operations through field inspections. Development of new business by expanding existing relationships and calling on potential customers. Cross sell Bank products. JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Specific Responsibilities, Duties and Competencies
1. Agriculture Loan Functions:
- Loan analysis on new and existing credit line.
- Supervision and service of assigned agriculture loans.
- Responsible for proper file documentation of assigned loans.
- Preparation and presentation of loan request for new and existing customers.
- Become knowledgeable on current markets and market trends of agricultural commodities. Be up to date on marketing alternatives for agricultural commodities using forward contracting or futures markets. Responsible for working knowledge of USDA Farm Programs as well as crop insurance coverage available to local producers.
- Keep current on the Farm Service Agency Direct & Guaranteed Loan Programs as well as Disaster Loan Programs.
- Adherence to lending policies and procedures.
2. Inspection Function:
a. Perform field inspections of existing and potential agricultural customers to verify the adequacy of collateral securing the credit as well as to evaluate the general management and condition of the operation.
3. New Business Development/Public Relations:
a. Promote the improvement of Client Bank through quality customer service, knowledge and promotion of products, professionalism in conduct and diligent work ethic.
b. Greet all customers pleasantly and make them feel welcome and comfortable.
c. Handle transactions quickly and professionally.
d. Effectively handle customer questions and problems.
e. Call on existing customers to maintain existing business and generate new business.
f. Call on prospective customers to generate new business.
g. Refer potential customers to proper Bank personnel.
h. Participate in Ag-related community activities.
Position Specific Responsibilities, Duties and Competencies continued
4. Special Assets:
- Take necessary action to service delinquent accounts to include working with legal counsel.
- Handle/assist repossession effort and sales as necessary.
- Review of assigned loans to the client Bank Watch List.
5. Bank Committees/Bank Organization:
- Member of Loan Committee
- Review and vote on all loan requests presented to the Committee.
- Contribute to a harmonious relationship with other employees to provide and maintain the best possible work environment.
6. Federal Regulations:
- Maintain a working knowledge of Bank`s written policies and procedures that apply to and concern this positions area of responsibility, including general regulations such as the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and various other Federal and State regulations as they apply.
Education, Experience and Certification Requirements
Note: Only minimum responsibilities are listed. Other responsibilities may be required as requested by management.
1. Strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
2. 5+ years Ag Lending/Commercial experience or equivalent training and/or experience.
3. Experience in analyzing credit requests, collateral analysis, budget monitoring and obtaining and monitoring government guarantees.
4. Business development experience.
5. Ability to work independently and as a team member.
6. Farm/Ranch inspection experience.
7. Willingness to work on community projects.
8. Proven work ethic a must.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: