Job #: 7473
Title: HSE Specialist
Job Location: Richmond, Virginia - United States
Salary: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) Specialist
Our client is positioned at the beginning of their growth phase having successfully spun off, implementing the foundations for the business success with very knowledge and technical leadership in place from day 1, and ready for rapid company growth offering a great career opportunity for great people. If you believe in driving results in a friendly environment that is open to creative ideas and diverse perspectives, then this is the place for you. They are built on a rich history of teamwork, innovation, and customer focus and that has a fun, entrepreneurial mindset. JOB DESCRIPTION
They are a leading manufacturer of specialty chemicals serving the food, automotive, sports apparel, and building materials industries. They are respected by customers far and wide as a trusted partner that can be counted on for quality products, sustainable solutions and reliable supple. A career with this company means opportunity & possibility for people who seek variety, responsibility, and hands-on experience in a dynamic workplace.
- Develop and support the implementation of HSE programs and practices consistent with the regulatory and corporate requirements
- Provide expert technical support across the organization
- Assist in establishing vision, goals, objectives and targets for HSE performance. Assist in developing quality metrics to drive performance improvement;
- Provide expert hands-on technical involvement on issues, programs, and processes involving compliance with HSE standards and policies and interpretation of Local, State and National HSE Requirements, Permits and Regulations. Review, interpret and communicate procedures, legal and other requirements.
- Maintain and improve site HSE Management System in accordance with Responsible Care 14001 standards.
- Provide expert technical support for Industrial Hygiene Programs including Personnel & Area Sampling, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) selection & compliance, Hazard Communication Program, Chemical Approvals, and Training.
- Participate in HSE activities and teams to improve and drive the HSE maturity level via Continuous Improvement
- This position will be dedicated to supporting the HSE Programs at the Chesterfield facility.
- Deploy the AdvanSix Health, Safety & Environmental Management Systems to ensure compliance with corporate requirements
- Experience with ISO based management systems, RC14001 experience preferred
- Previous leadership experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide timely and effective communications to all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all level of an organization
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple / varied tasks efficiently
- Demonstrated proficiently with incident investigations and root cause analysis
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, databases, SAP, graphics)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or other certifications are a plus
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: