Job #: 7654
Title: Regional Controller (HS-7213)
Job Location: Dalhart, Texas - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: 401K + Dental + Health Insurance + Vision + Paid Vacation
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Regional Controller position - Texas
Excellent compensation and benefits JOB DESCRIPTION
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is assisting an established Ag Employer in their search for a Controller. This position will be responsible for overseeing all financial accounting functions of the division including:
- Strong understanding of Grain and Commodity Trade accounting, including mark-to-market, inventory, billing, and receivables.
- Strong understanding of component cost accounting for manufacturing unit.
- Oversee all day-to-day accounting functions, including grain accounting, A/R, A/P, inventory.
- Direct the preparation of the monthly and year-end financials statements, ensuring a quick and accurate close.
- Reconcile margin projections by revenue managers to actual P&L results. Provide feedback to revenue managers regarding any variances.
- Compile mid-month and end-of-month gross margin and consolidated projections.
- Ensure balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly with supporting documentation.
- Coordinate the annual budgeting process. o Provide routine contract and pricing audit reports to grain merchandisers and merchandiser assistants for review.
- Provide routine gross margin analysis reporting to feed-mill group.
- Coordinate capital expenditure accounting, including project cost projections, setting depreciation rates, monitoring construction in progress, and reviewing the asset schedule for accuracy.
- Be a safety leader by following safety policies and directing staff to maintain a safe working environment.
- Ability to lead the regional accounting and administrative team by directing daily responsibilities of staff, conduct staff meetings, supervise staff and adhere to HR policies.
- Present financial and analytical reports to the leadership group of the division, as well as periodic presentations to corporate leadership groups.
- Understand all administrative and accounting functions in order to recommend improvements to processes.
- Manage regional credit by coordinating with the General Manager and the Corporate Credit department.
- Manage orders that are in credit hold status by obtaining proper approval for the order to be released.
- Assist General Manager in setting credit limits and develop relationships with high risk accounts.
- Review past due accounts and determine best path for collection.
- Ensure proper internal control procedures are in place for all business activities.
- Assist with annual audit as directed by the corporate office.
- Maintain compliance with external agencies, including state tax departments, local property taxing agencies, grain licenses, motor vehicles departments, etc.
- Oversee coordination and compliance with UCC/EFS liens on first handled grain purchased from farmers.
- Assist General Manager and Executive group with ad hoc reporting, projections, and business analysis as needed.
- Assist General Manger with business modeling for potential revenue opportunities.
- Coordinate with IT on system updates, improvements, and technology (i.e. cell phones, laptops, desk terminals) needs for division staff.
- Bachelors degree or higher in accounting or related business field
- Minimum 5 years of financial leadership and management experience
- Grain and feed industry knowledge or experience with mark-to-market accounting is strongly desired
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with management, team members, and support staff
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Outlook
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
How to Apply: