Job #: 7775
Title: quantitative software developer/software developer
Job Location: New York City, New York - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: bonus up to 50%
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Major prop trading firm in the area of Equities, FX and Futures based out of NY and has offices in Boston, UK, and Asia. This is a team of mathematicians, computer scientists, financial engineers, and other market professionals that created and operate a high-performance trading platform.
Looking to fill two roles, one immediate and one medium to long term.
Immediate term: We are looking for a junior person, as a quantitative software developer/applications developer JOB DESCRIPTION
- Goto person for data. Understand our data pipelines, maintain our data jobs
- Write code that creates processes for informed data ingestion, validation, and normalization, creates processes to generate reports on all our data using these jobs, analyze these reports to generate insights.
- Understand our internal data formats and generate ideas on improving them
- Understand the importance of various parts of our trading system through the above tasks
- Help improve automation and lend operations support when jobs fail.
- Use initial experience with data to generate ideas analyzing this data
- Analyze both data that we ingest as well as data we generate (execution for example) for trading ideas.
- Help enhance the quantitative software we have for analyzing this data
- Understand the research and trading system further and begin contributing to a core component
- Internship with good experience or 1+ years at a tech firm in roles directly related to both programming and data (ideally programming for data processes).
- Even better if has experience both at a tech firm as well as a good finance firm
- Experience with, and especially good results at, some data competitions/coding contests
- Has medium to large scale projects in both a compiled language (C/Java preferred, C++, C#, Swift etc. OK)
- High proficiency in Python, including Python/C interfacing
- Has taken at least courses on data structures, algorithms, and extra credit for graduate level courses on these lines.
- Extra credit for
- Experience with AWS, esp for any of the data contests they have experience with
- Experience with a job scheduling system and maintaining critical jobs
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: