Job #: 7779
Title: Mechanical Project Engineer
Job Location: Chowchilla, California - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Start your new career as a Mechanical Project Engineer with a North American manufacturer of building materials in Chowchilla, CA. The main objective of the Mechanical Project Engineer is to manage capital projects in the range of up to $2 million. This individual must possess the technical skills necessary to develop a scope of work for the project and administrative skills required to monitor and control the project`s cost and schedule. This individual must take the appropriate steps to ensure that the project`s performance objectives are achieved and that the project is performed safely, completed on time, and within budget. This is accomplished through management of a project team consisting of co-workers, central engineering, product development, consultants and contractors. Prior project management experience is a must. Some travel may be required depending on project complexity and plant location.
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance
- 401K with company matching
- Paid time off and company paid holidays
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it`s not just about your job - it`s about your life, your family and your future. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Determine project scope, schedule, cost, and benefits
- Work with the plant and finance group to develop a financial justification for the project
- Prepare required project funding documentation (Appropriation Requests).
- Develop and manage the project team consisting of internal group personnel, consultants, and contractors
- Develop criteria for vendor selection with the purchasing group part of vendor evaluation and qualification.
- Produce and review drawings to ensure plant and group standards are met.
- Specification and requisition of all materials and contractors Ensuring that plant, group, corporate, OSHA, and federal policies and standards are met and maintained
- Provide or coordinate necessary control system programming and field de-bug
- Checkout of major equipment prior to installation in the plant
- On-site project supervision during the construction and installation phases of the project
- Manage the project commitments and expenditures to ensure the project is on-time and within budget
- Assist the plant, contractors, and vendors with startup and training
- Conduct project review meetings with project team, plant, and upper management
- Provide Plant Support (Safety, Quality, Energy Conservation, Maintenance and Production).
- Provide technical expertise in new technologies and in the investment and implementation of these new technologies
- Provide technical support to group manufacturing facilities and the product development group
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Minimum 5-8 years in a Mechanical Engineering environment with solid understanding of packaging and conveying equipment, air handling, fluid flow and metering, and air and water pollution control equipment.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Good oral and written communication skills due to frequent interaction with management, technical personnel, vendors and contractors.
- Team player
- Good organizations
- Self-motivated and be capable of working independently.
- Allen Bradley PLC and MMI programming capability (preferred)
- Professional Engineer (preferred)
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: