Job #: 7739
Title: Maintenance Engineer- Equip.design exp & FMEA
Job Location: Niagara Falls, New York - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Ideal for an engineer with 2-6 years of experience. Maintenance Engineer with FMEA & equipment design experience. OUTSTANDING, friendly culture! Low volunteer employee turn-over!
- Highly competitive compensation package with bonus eligibility, Cadillac Highmark health care benefits includes vision and dental. Outstanding retirement savings package t
- Employee focused and highly supportive. Friendly, flexible work environment.
- Low employee turn-over!
- No career restricting pigeon-holing. Skill-sets gained and learning opportunities are practically endless. Ideal environment for an engineer who prefers to wear many hats having control of his or her career direction with the ability to actualize in areas he or she desire to grow in. Youll have a voice here.
- Unique, in demand metal industry products.
- Multiple employers in the geographical area plus, lower taxes, lower cost of living, less traffic & well maintained roads.
- Enjoyable atmosphere, friendly professionals, and added nice touches?for all.
- POSITIVE union relationship.
*Ideal for an engineer with 2-6 years of experience
Provides engineering services for the design, acquisition and installation of equipment and facilities required for the efficient operation of the plants production and maintenance operations to achieve in the safest manner, the lowest possible cost consistent with superior quality and customer service objectives. Plant has 11 salaried and 36 union employees in a friendly union environment.
- Evaluates and prepares facility wide Machine FMEA to develop spare parts lists, predictive and preventative maintenance tasks, and maintains information in computerized maintenance management system.Prepares detailed engineering plans, designs, drawings and cost estimates. Maintains engineering drawings and documentation of all equipment and manufacturing processes. Designs equipment and systems based upon site conditions and/or management parameters to meet engineering project objectives.
- Prepares requests for quotations, secures bids from vendors/contractors, negotiates terms and prices and recommends equipment designs, makes, models, methods of construction and vendors to meet engineering project objectives. Evaluates requirements and makes recommendations regarding in-house fabrication/construction or purchase of new facilities and equipment.
- Provides overall project management of projects to ensure completion within budgeted time and cost constraints. Supervises installation of machinery and equipment by independent contractors to ensure compliance with contract terms and control costs. Confers with maintenance and production personnel and provides instruction related to the proper and safe operation, care, and preventive maintenance of new facilities and equipment.
- Continually searches for new equipment to maintain and improve the companys competitive position.
- Develops, recommends and implements plans to achieve cost reduction, quality and customer service improvement goals and objectives.
- Assists the Maintenance Manager in evaluating the maintenance departments performance and coordinates with Supervisor, Engineering Services any improvements in the storeroom operations including spare parts inventory.
- Assumes Manager, Maintenance role in his/her absence (SC Specific).
- Exhibits mutual trust and respect towards colleagues, peers and customers.
- Displays awareness of our collective social responsibilities.
- A healthy workforce.
- A safe and clean workplace.
- Continuous training and education opportunities for all employees.
- A reward for performance system.
- Systems that are simple and accessible to all employees.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering is required, preferably in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering and experience within a heavy industrial environment.
- Should possess sound technical knowledge in the areas of structural and machine design, fluid mechanics, heat transfer systems, materials, drafting, construction, contract preparation, and contract and project management.
- The ability to troubleshoot all plant equipment and facilities is required.
- Understanding and application of FMEA
- Must possess the ability to read mechanical, piping and instrumentation drawings.
- Must possess excellent planning, organization, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interpret electrical drawings is preferred but not required.
- Computer skills should include word processing and/or spreadsheet software, preferably Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates a style of participative management in problem solving, project implementation, and continuous improvement objectives.
- Ability to obtain, analyze and correlate statistical data.
- Experience in writing detailed engineering investigative reports, which show the results of process investigations and provide recommendations for improvement along with advantages and disadvantages.)
- The ability to utilize Computer Aided drafting software such as AutoCAD is preferred
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: