Job #: 7849
Title: E&I Engineer
Job Location: Richmond, Virginia - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Rapidly growing company entering the momentum phase, yet has the past successes and best practices of 70+ years having spun off from a Global chemical company just over a year ago JOB DESCRIPTION
Under direct supervision, perform a variety of engineering work in the initial planning and design phases of construction projects. Support procurement, construction, and commissioning phases of projects with activities including assisting with preparation of labor/material estimates and design packages. Work typically performed in office and field.
- The individual must personally set a good example with all rules and regulations to achieve 100% universal compliance with HS&E (Health, Safety & Environmental) Procedures/Regulations.
- Perform basic electrical and instrument engineering functions in a capital engineering organization under the direction of the lead instrumentation and electrical engineers.
- Strong understanding of P&IDs and control logic.
- Design electrical equipment, controls and instruments per OEM specifications.
- Provide technical assistance to modify the facility using good engineering and maintenance practices.
- Review project proposals, owner/contractor specifications and any other requirements for preparing projects.
- Prepare design information and the documentation for the assigned capital expenditures, major maintenance and/or construction activities they are assigned.
- Ensure approved document to support the successful completion of the relevant construction activities.
- Work with the site personnel to understand the key issues and identify ways to improve the operation by using good engineering judgment and solutions.
- Ensure the appropriate operational procedures are followed during the installation of the project.
- Ensure construction practices as required are in compliance with operations/execution with federal, state, local and plant codes/policies.
- Ensure the personnel perform quality work and address any deficiencies.
- Must be able analyze field data in operating facilities.
- Help prepare regular progress reports and other information to reflect on going work.
- Travel 10%
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or Instrument Engineering.
- Must have industrial experience in a chemical, industrial, paper or manufacturing facility with exposure to construction practices.
- 2+ years of engineering experience.
- Preferred hands-on experience in installation, operation, and maintenance of equipment in industrial facility.
- Desirable to have Engineering Fundamentals Exam completed
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and computer literacy required.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: