Job #: 7852
Title: Market Intelligence Analyst
Job Location: Parsippany, New Jersey - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Market Intelligence Analyst JOB DESCRIPTION
Are you searching for a rewarding career with a great team of talented people who are leaders in their fields from research, engineering and agronomy to information technology, supply chain and marketing? Do you believe in driving results in friendly environment that is open to creative ideas and diverse perspectives?
If so, you`ve come to the right place: Our client, a company that is built on a rich history of teamwork, innovation and customer focus, and that has a fun, entrepreneurial mindset. We are: A leading manufacturer of nylon 6 resins and films, which are used to make products important to everyday life from automotive parts, carpeting, and food packaging to wire and cable, building materials and sports apparel. Fully integrated into many important building blocks of chemistry, including caprolactam, ammonium sulfate fertilizer, and many other chemical intermediates used to make products that make our world go round
Respected by customers far and wide as trusted partner that can be counted on for quality products, sustainable solutions and reliable supply.
A career at Our Client means opportunity and possibility for people who seek variety, responsibility and hands-on experience in a friendly, dynamic workplace. Reporting Relationships Market Intelligence Analyst will report to Market Intelligence Manager
The Market Intelligence Analyst will work with the Market Intelligence Team to enable and empower the business with analytical insight to support strategy development, planning and execution. This position will be responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of key global intelligence tools for department-wide usage.
The successful candidate will join the Market Intelligence Team and work closely with Product Management, Procurement, Engineering and R&D, Sales, key business partners (IT, Finance, Supply Chain) and the Senior Management Team to develop processes and systems to gather, analyze, interpret and communicate appropriate market intelligence to drive strategy development. Additionally, they will work to educate the organization on marketplace dynamics, leverage key pricing tools to identify opportunities for revenue/profit optimization and deliver concise analysis that clearly defines markets trends.
Specifically, he/she must:
- Work with the Market Intelligence Team to establish and continuously improve a management operating system around market intelligence including industry cost curves, supply/demand balances, global trade flows, competitive and market profiles, and special research topics.
- Master pricing analytical techniques to drive profit optimization and determine pricing opportunities while working closely with the IT and Finance teams to achieve and maintain data integrity
- Develop analytical insight that anticipates and answers business questions before they are asked
- Assess true price/cost and identify opportunities to address cost leakage (freight, distribution cost, rebates, etc) on high volume/impact products and drive financial performance by identifying and taking pricing actions in partnership with product managers
- Identify industry and market trends/ risks/ opportunities that impact the business globally and determine business implications and support development of strategic alternatives
The successful candidate will be a results focused, creative and resourceful self-starter who demonstrates leadership skills and an aptitude for quickly learning complex markets. He/she is highly intelligent and demonstrates positive enthusiasm with a commitment to excellence. He/ she has excellent project management skills, is detail oriented, highly analytical and a systemic thinker with an ability to create clarity and focus from ambiguity. The successful candidate must work to develop strong business partnerships to drive tangible business results and must have experience working both independently and on a team. They must be able to demonstrate the ability to develop interpretations and conclusions based on market information.
- BA or BS in marketing, business, engineering or technical discipline is required.
- 3 or more years experience in marketing analysis, preferably at a global level.
- 3 or more years advanced Excel Data Analytics experience.
An MBA is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of other software packages and systems (e.g. PowerPoint, Tableau,\Business Warehouse, Bloomberg) a plus.
- Experience within the petrochemical industry is highly desirable
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: