Job #: 7815
Title: Public Accounting - Audit Supervisor
Job Location: San Francisco, California - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: The Firm offers a robust benefits package including recognition for additional work efforts, a fully subsidized medical plan for the Firm employees, 401K Profit Sharing, continuing education for employees pursuing a Masters of Taxation or Masters in Accounting at an approved institution in which we will reimburse pre-approved tuition costs. Additionally, the Firm will reimburse 100% of the cost of CPA exam prep materials.
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
A Unique Public Accounting Firm! Boutique firm offers the opportunity to hand craft your career as well as work on very complex clients (ultra high net worth individuals through SEC clients). Their size, 80-100 employees, provides for continued growth potential and an environment where you really have a voice at the round table. Great benefits and firm sends everyone in the firm on a mini vacation each year. Strong tenure among the team. Partners come from varied background such as Big 4, Mid-Tier, and Boutique which provides a nice tone of the top and mentor style. Ranked in the Top 25 Bay Area Firms and Top 200 Accounting Firms in the Nation through Inside Public Accounting List JOB DESCRIPTION
The Firm provides distinguished service to companies and as an Audit Supervisor, you will lead audit and accounting projects that will leverage your deep technical skills, manage project teams, and apply critical thinking to propose effective solutions.
Typically, our work day will be at the client site to access client records and then complete some of the work in our office. Field work ranges from a few days to a few weeks of local travel. Auditors connect with clients as part of an audit team, so you will be expected to show a high level of polished professionalism and strong technical competence with all levels of client personnel at all times. Audit clients are quite diverse, they range from small to medium sized companies both privately held and publicly traded in a wide variety of exciting and challenging industries.
As an Audit Supervisor, you will have a rewarding career at the Firm. You will engage with talented professionals, be involved in meaningful work, and carve an individualized career path to support your continued professional development. Our learning programs are designed to grow key skills technical, engagement management, leadership/people development, and client relations. You will develop experience by having direct client interaction, working in a supportive team environment to foster your emerging leadership skills and capabilities. QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree with a major in accounting or comparable subject. Masters in Accounting or Taxation highly preferred.
- CPA highly preferred, but partial completion of the exam is acceptable.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in public accounting.
- Ability to efficiently manage full life cycle of multiple projects that vary in degree of complexity; yielding high quality results.
- Strong technical aptitude to identify auditing and accounting issues and propose recommended solutions.
- Develop a network of potential referral sources; identify opportunities to sell additional Firm services.
- Experienced with business software tools such a CCH Access and Microsoft Office applications.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize tasks, responsive, polished communication skills (verbal and written), and capable of leading teams.
- Effectively mentor and coach junior level staff
How to Apply: