Job #: 8026
Title: Reliability Engineer - Electrical
Job Location: Richmond, Virginia - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Reliability Engineer - Electrical JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is positioned at the beginning of their growth phase having successfully spun off, implementing the foundations for the business success with very knowledge and technical leadership in place from day 1, and ready for rapid company growth offering a great career opportunity for great people. If you believe in driving results in a friendly environment that is open to creative ideas and diverse perspectives, then this is the place for you. They are built on a rich history of teamwork, innovation, and customer focus and that has a fun, entrepreneurial mindset.
They are a leading manufacturer of specialty chemicals serving the food, automotive, sports apparel, and building materials industries. They are respected by customers far and wide as a trusted partner that can be counted on for quality products, sustainable solutions and reliable supply. A career with this company means opportunity & possibility for people who seek variety, responsibility, and hands-on experience in a dynamic workplace.
Reliability best practices for E&I equipment, current technology for various instrumentation systems, maintaining plant electrical distribution systems, reliability of instrumentation and control systems, operation of DCS and PLC systems, design and installation of MCCs, performing root cause failure analysis.
Major Areas of Responsibilities:
Perform root cause failure investigation and analysis related to electrical and instrumentation failures, including field troubleshooting of E&I systems.
- Manage Plant E&I compliance programs (PM, predictive analysis, etc.)
- Provide guidance on new instrumentation technology and standards.
- Develop and maintain PM plans for critical instrumentation Optimize test intervals, review test histories.
- Review and aid in the development of specifications for new E&I equipment purchases (design review utilizing IEEE, ISA, API and NEMA standards). Make spare parts recommendations.
- Review 1-line electrical drawings and P&IDs on new projects to ensure engineering best practices and plant standards are followed.
- Provide technical advice to management, maintenance and project engineers.
- Provide technical direction to maintenance instrument technicians and electricians.
- Responsible for developing and implementing Reliability procedures pertaining to instrumentation and electrical systems (CEMs, instrumentation process and instrumentation based environmental reporting).
- Provide Guidance for acceptance testing and inspections on new and existing equipment motors, cables, transformers, MCCs, etc. (pass/fail criteria).
- Provide NEC design guidance related to industrial plants, hazardous locations, equipment ratings, protection, intrinsic safety, etc.
- Accountable for plant electrical coordination and switching procedures and training, plant electrical load distribution, primary contact for power provider (Dominion Virginia Power).
- Other work as required.
- Bachelors in Engineering/Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineer/Chemical or equivalent
- 3+ years instrumentation/electrical experience
- 3+ years experience with reliability based maintenance
- Work experience in a manufacturing plant environment or similar
- Strong instrumentation and electrical troubleshooting skills
- Experience with plant CMMS system (SAP)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong computer skills
- Six Sigma Certification
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: