Job #: 8028
Title: Global Segment Leader
Job Location: Parsippany, New Jersey - United States
Salary: $110,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Global Segment Leader JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is positioned at the beginning of their growth phase having successfully spun off, implementing the foundations for the business success with very knowledge and technical leadership in place from day 1, and ready for rapid company growth offering a great career opportunity for great people. If you believe in driving results in a friendly environment that is open to creative ideas and diverse perspectives, then this is the place for you. They are built on a rich history of teamwork, innovation, and customer focus and that has a fun, entrepreneurial mindset.
They are a leading manufacturer of specialty chemicals serving the food, automotive, sports apparel, and building materials industries. They are respected by customers far and wide as a trusted partner that can be counted on for quality products, sustainable solutions and reliable supple. A career with this company means opportunity & possibility for people who seek variety, responsibility, and hands-on experience in a dynamic workplace.
The Segment Manager reports to the Business Director , and is responsible for the overall health and long term profitable growth of the defined business segment that is comprised of multiple but complementary end markets and applications. He/she will own the company`s portfolio of offerings in that space. He/she will define the strategy, and lead the cross-functional team within the matrix organization towards focused execution of that strategy. He/she will own the organic growth and new product introduction pipeline for the segment, and will also engage in special projects to drive accelerated growth including but not limited to M&A, purchase and/or sale (of assets, technology etc.), partnerships, and collaborations that are accretive to the company`s future growth and positioning in the end market(s).
- Stay ahead of current and evolving future market trends, incorporate the insights into a robust segment product roadmap.
- Constantly assess the robustness of our offerings portfolio and drive upgrades to maintain strong competitive position in the future.
- Own and drive the segment strategy. Build out the strategy in the context of the evolving market landscape, drive implementation of the strategy via the cross-functional team
- Own the NPI (new product introduction) pipeline for the segment. Serve as the business and marketing lead for the projects. Build out the business case, the milestone execution plan and ROI case for the opportunity. Guide the cross-functional team of Technical Marketing, Applications, R&D, Engineering, Sales to achieve project milestones.
- Improve health of pipeline by leveraging the customer facing team to uncover fast cycle as well as long term pipeline ideas. Take a leadership role in prioritizing the ideas to be resourced.
- Cultivate strategic relationships with key value chain players, and with new and existing customers, in a way that enables potential for partnerships and collaborations on new product launches and product portfolio growth.
- Offer input to Product Manager(s) on Customer segmentation to ensure aligned actions on base business. Offer input into channel strategy, and asset strategy so that Segment needs are well served.
- Owns product positioning for all offerings in the portfolio, defines branding and marketing collateral needs, owns value pricing.
The successful candidate is an independent, self-starter who demonstrates strong leadership skills and instincts. He/she has the energy and drive to be hands-on, and build fledging opportunities into viable growth business. Shows integrative thinking, patience and strong business acumen. Paints the vision for the cross-functional support team, helps focus their efforts, and get to tangible results.
Specifically, the successful candidate should bring:
- Strategic thinking with the ability to drive execution
- Proven skills in Strategic planning, Stage gate process, NPI, Marketing, Financial acumen
- Ability to lead by influence and get things done in a matrixed organization
- Demonstrated experience with new business development, and driving growth projects
- Experience in developing and leading a high performing team
- An undergraduate degree in marketing, business, engineering or technical discipline is required An MBA is highly preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in similar leadership role covering Marketing, Strategy, Growth, and business management or business development.
- Customer-centric and growth mindset. Creative thinker and solutions focused.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision making. Effective communicator.
- Prior experience in the plastics industry is a plus.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: