Job #: 8032
Title: Electrical Controls Engineer
Job Location: Pottsville, Pennsylvania - United States
Salary: $65,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Electrical Controls Engineer JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is positioned at the beginning of their growth phase having successfully spun off, implementing the foundations for the business success with very knowledge and technical leadership in place from day 1, and ready for rapid company growth offering a great career opportunity for great people. If you believe in driving results in a friendly environment that is open to creative ideas and diverse perspectives, then this is the place for you. They are built on a rich history of teamwork, innovation, and customer focus and that has a fun, entrepreneurial mindset.
- Provide technical direction for plant power infrastructure to ensure sustained plant operations and planned expansions to match business strategic plans.
- Provide and implement film line machine and drive control strategies and architecture for process machinery upgrades and expansions as either project leader or in support of projects led by others.
- Lead the basic scope development, design, specification, installation and commissioning of power and control systems associated with new or upgraded industrial machinery.
- Provide technical expertise related to power and controls issues.
- Ensure continued compliance with NFPA70E, NFPA70, NFPA79 and related corporate requirements.
- Provide technical assistance and mentoring to sites electrical maintenance group with respect to industrial electrical systems (PLC, HMI, VFD, communications).
Basic Candidate Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field together with 5 or more years relevant industrial electrical experience
- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field with 8 or more years relevant industrial electrical controls experience is required.
- Minimum 2 years manufacturing experience related to production or process engineering is required.
Additional Candidate Requirements:
- Proficiency using AutoCAD and MS Office suite is a plus.
- Detailed knowledge of PC hardware, operating systems, networking.
- Minimum of 5 years experience designing, implementing, and troubleshooting industrial electrical power equipment including systems up to 460vac.
- Minimum of 5 years experience designing, implementing and troubleshooting industrial electrical systems including Power (distribution, motor control), PLCs, HMIs, VFDs, and Industrial Communications (Ethernet, ControlNet, Modbus).
- Working knowledge of general industrial control standards (NFPA70, NFPA70E, NFPA 79)
- Ability to multi-task by managing time and setting priorities to drive assignments to timely and successful completion.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, to participate as team member and to perform as individual contributor.
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: