Job #: 8034
Title: Peadiatric Coder
Job Location: New York City, New York - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Title: Pediatric Coder
Duration: 2 months
Work Days: Monday - Friday (Time Zone - CST) JOB DESCRIPTION
Performs initial charge review to determine appropriate ICD-10 and CPT codes to be used to report physician services to third party payers.
- Assists in entering data from impatient facesheets including but not limited to demographics, insurance plans, etc.
- Interprets progress notes, operative reports, discharge summaries, and charge documents to determine services provided and accurately assign CPT and ICD-10 coding to these services.
- Enters appropriate data into gPM by selecting the appropriate codes, diagnosis, modifiers, Anesthesiologist, CRNA, pathology, and provider information to complete the process.
- Contacts physicians through management regarding procedures and other services billed to ensure proper coding.
- Responsible for reviewing patient logs and other report of clinical activity to ensure billing is captured for all patients.
- Monitors and follows up to ensure all services that can be billed are captured and coded for billing.
- Responsible for ensuring the batch processes for all coded charges.
- Reviews all physician documentation to ensure compliance with third party and regulatory guidelines.
- Works in conjunction with the Reimbursement staff to answer all inquiries regarding coding and billing for TDDC physicians` and pathology services.
- Works in coordination with other members of the Central Billing Office as necessary.
- Actively participates in problem identification and resolution and coordinates resolutions between appropriate parties.
- Responsible for scrubbing claims in order to submit compliant, truthful, and correct coding based on payer rules.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- CPC certified / RHIT certified.
- At least 2-3 years pediatric experience preferred
- OPTUM CAC experience needed
- Experience with ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS, CPT/HCPC
Candidate cannot work weekends,
Cannot have another job
May possibly have to take client exam
Pre-Hire Requirements: Background, Drug Test
Boston Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and uses e-verify to check employment eligibility. QUALIFICATIONS
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: