Job #: 8221
Title: Director of Operational Risk Management
Job Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas - United States
Salary: $175,000.00 - $265,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Position Description for Director of Operational Risk Management
* Responsible for the enterprise-wide operational risk assessment process. This includes managing line of business risk and control self-assessments and overseeing strategies to strengthen controls, as well as identifying, gathering, and analyzing key risk indicators. This position is also accountable for providing management with insight on risk trends.
This position will support lines of business with trouble-shooting modest to complex issues, necessitating analytical and critical thinking skills. Candidates must set priorities and organize requests received throughout the workday. Accuracy, timeliness and attention to detail are critical achievement factors. JOB DESCRIPTION
Director of Operational Risk Management Job Tasks:
- Manage the enterprise-wide risk assessment process ensuring that the process is periodically updated to account for any changes to business or external factors
- Perform analysis to ensure that all material activities and processes with inherent operational risk are subject to the annual risk assessment process.
- Mature and maintain procedures related to the risk assessment process.
- Develop and deliver training related to risk inventory and regulatory requirements.
- Advise corrective action resulting from initial assessments.
- Develop and maintain the Operational Risk Dashboard for executive and senior management
- Facilitate development of key risk indicators (KRI`s) derived from LOB self-assessments
- Monitor and analyze KRI`s in order to report and act on emerging risk exposures
- Develop templates and techniques to automate the ORM processes
- Communicate risk assessment results and recommendations through all levels of the Bank.
- Identify and communicate process/procedure improvement opportunities to management.
- Evaluate and report risk exposures across the enterprise.
- Provide risk oversight for process improvement projects.
- Administer the bank`s governance, risk, and control tool.
- Perform other projects as requested by the Deputy CRO
Director of Operational Risk Management Credentials:
- Bachelor`s degree In Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 8 (eight) + years of progressive experience in banking/financial services.
- Professional certification in risk management is preferred
- Understanding and working knowledge of bank regulatory and financial reporting requirements
- Working knowledge of operational risks and controls
- Ability to communicate clearly and with confidence to all associate levels
- Outstanding judgment
- Results oriented and detail driven
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: