Job #: 8233
Title: Project Engineer
Job Location: Crossett, Arkansas - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Growing company has an immediate need for a prooven chemicals Project Manager JOB DESCRIPTION
Plant is looking for an experienced Project Engineer to support the implementation of the location`s capital program. This position provides engineering services for process, plant, and equipment improvement. Designs and executes projects to help the site meet Division and Corporate capital investment strategies. Develops and implements projects required to maintain and preserve buildings, grounds and operating facilities. Provides plant technical support as needed to address maintenance, construction and operability problems and is charged with insuring that new project designs are safe, meet code requirements, comply with Corporate standards and are cost effective. Project Engineer is a staff function whose activities support all groups and departments in one way or another.
- Conversion of conceptual project scopes into viable and cost-effective designs.
- Development of project cost estimates to support accurate funds requests.
- Designs, drawings, project plans and specifications for the engineering aspects of projects, systems, technical equipment or components.
- Review and monitor project progress to assure quality, cost management and adherence to schedule commitments.
- Work with Safety Department to determine design specifications necessary to meet insurance requirements, NFPA standards, and plant safety and health standards.
- Work with Environmental Department to ensure that new projects follow all state and federal environmental laws.
- Provide economic justification and prepare funds requests for capital expenditures
- Prepare bid packages for contractors and vendors.Evaluate bids.
- BS Engineering ChemE, ME maybe EE
- Good oral and written communication skills, good organizational skills, good negotiating skills when dealing with contractors, and creative skills to solve problems.
- PE desired but not required, CAD, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project or equivalent software, Estimating, technical problem solving, AutoCad experience preferred.
- Ability to interpret engineering standards and codes, can apply scientific principles in design of equipment and systems.
- Ability to apply project management principles in the coordination and execution of field construction plans.
- Understanding of constructability concepts and can apply them to achieve efficient and timely installation of process equipment and plant facilities.
- 5+ years in petrochemical and/or utilities plants
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: