Job #: 8393
Title: Nurse Practitioners
Job Location: Washington, District of Columbia - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: Benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is building multi-disciplinary clinical teams to care for the most complex patients in the DC/VA metro. They currently serve over 150,000 patients in eight states across Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial populations.
There are 5 openings in this group.
They are known for their excellent clinical acumen; an advanced practice clinician with a desire to practice as a confident generalist across family medicine and behavioral health JOB DESCRIPTION
A true patient-centered approach, from a bedside manner that puts patients and caregivers at ease
Experience managing a wide range of patient ages
A collaborative team member and effective communicator
Willingness to operate in an ambiguous environment, without continuous supervision
Willingness to meet patients outside of the traditional office setting, including in their home
The Nurse Practitioners will QUALIFICATIONS
- Act as primary care provider in spirit and action, assuming longitudinal panel management responsibility for the care and outcomes of his/her panel
- Be proficient in the diagnosis, and treatment of primary, secondary, and tertiary health conditions to ensure best possible clinical outcomes; includes formulating comprehensive treatment and education plans for patients requiring intensive chronic disease management and primary care.
- Order appropriate lab tests and diagnostic procedures and interprets results to aid in health promotion and accurate diagnosis and treatment of illnesses; prescribes medication or other forms of treatment.
- Effectively collaborate, coordinate, and communicate with members of the multidisciplinary team and outside providers; expertly leverages all resource included in clinical model and fosters cohesion within clinical team
- Accurately document patient medical information and appropriately assigns the correct coding for acute and chronic conditions in a timeline fashion
- Be responsible for managing his/her population of patients longitudinally through high-touch interactions and delivery of clinical services in the Care Center or other settings such as the patients home, as appropriate, and under the direction of the physician leadership
- Participate in on call rotations, which may include after-hours, weekend and holiday calls and visitations.
- Follow evidence-based practice guidelines and practices within scope of practice
And participate in ongoing educational activities at the local, divisional, and organizational levels Work location and travel expectations based in local market with local travel.
Minimum of 3-5 years of clinical experience as a nurse practitioner; experience with complex primary care (internal medicine, family medicine); or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background5-7 years of experience working as a nurse overall, including experience across outpatient (primary care, behavioral health, home care), and inpatient acute care settings (ICU, CCU, telemetry, ER)
Masters Degree in Nursing and Board Certification
Current unrestricted RN license and NP license in applicable state required.
Prescribing authority/DEA licensure in good standing as required in the state in which you are applying preferred; NPI billing number
Proficient in use of EMR and other technology use
Must be flexible with local traveling within the assigned county for daily home visits and covering assignments for teammates in case of emergency,
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and occasionally lift patients. Optional: Bilingual (Spanish)
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: