Job #: 8400
Title: ETO Manager
Job Location: Leeds, Alabama - United States
Salary: $75,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
I am looking for an ETO Manager for a great client of ours in the Birmingham/Leeds, AL area. Power utility experience is preferred, but they are flexible if the skills are transferrable. Please send along any further questions you may have to Brittany McDaniel at THIS EMAIL . JOB DESCRIPTION
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Manage the Engineered to Order process and Engineering Change process for High Voltage Substation and Transmission Switches, Vacuum Interrupters and Motor Operators. Support designated product line in the areas of product development, product line maintenance, production release, production support, and product applications. This position will require working with a variety business departments including: Marketing, Production, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Engineering, New Product Engineering, Customer Service, Field Sales and Management.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engineering Designs and Analysis with an 80% emphasis in Mechanical Engineering & 20% in Electrical Engineering. Focus will be in the area of High Voltage Switches and High Voltage Vacuum Interrupters.
- Manage the design team for the ETO, Variant Configured products and EC processes.
- Create and maintain installation and adjustment manuals for all of the switching products.
- Assist Marketing with reviews of customer specifications and requirements for project needs and provide solutions with existing product offering combinations. For instances where existing product offerings do not exist, part modifications or new products will need to be developed.
- Interface closely with Marketing Team members to develop the technical documents necessary for bidding packages.
- Material take-out initiatives for maintaining competitive product line costs.
- Participate or lead Lean Initiative Events related to product line development, support and maintenance.
- Maintain and create AutoCAD and Solidwork 2-D and 3-D files needed for Marketing or Manufacturing needs.
- Work with the Customers, Suppliers, Customer Service and Marketing to process engineered to order items that meet the customers specifications.
- Lead the 3D CAD transition initiative for legacy 2D designs.
- Provide technical assistance to Marketing, Customer Service, Field Sales and Customers in the areas of product performance, applications and maintenance.
- Assist in product training activities that may involve internal staffing or customer training events.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to travel on business related trips; ability to move to various locations within the Company; ability to communicate; ability to work on a personal computer or other related equipment as required
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- BS degree in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Engineered to Order experience required
- Marketing experience strongly preferred
LEVEL OF DECISION MAKING:
- Best design options and course of action to achieve project deadlines
- Provide guidance concerning application and selection of products
- BS degree in (preferably) mechanical or electrical engineering
- 5+ years of experience with engineering design drawings, specifically with AutoCAD 2D or 3D (Inventor)
- Must have prior experience leading or managing a team of designers or similar functions
- Must have experience in an engineered-to-order type of environment
- Must be a hands-on manager that is both able to set the strategic vision of the team and lead them, but also able to understand the inner workings of an ETO design team
- Must be customer facing - able to communicate well with customers and other stakeholders
- Prefer someone with experience in power utility, but not required
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: