Job #: 8469
Title: Senior Capital Project Engineer
Job Location: Buchanan, New York - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 20% target bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The company manufactures standard and custom wall board.
The facility is located on the Hudson River in West Chester County NY; about 1/2 hr south of West Point. Looking for a Senior Capital Projects Engineer. They have 5 mfg. facilities in North America. This position will responsible for Capital Projects for a wall board manufacuring facility. This is a highly automated facility. The facility has 110 people in a soft union environment.
The position reports to the Plant Manager. One of the responsibilities of this position will be to mentor and develop a more junior project engineer. JOB DESCRIPTION
Senior Capital Project Engineer
Our client, a well-established manufacturer of Building Construction Materials, is seeking a Senior Capital Project Engineer to spearhead Capital Projects for one of their highly automated, manufacturing facilities. The ideal candidate will be responsible for coordinating and implementing functional authority that includes planning, organizing, controlling, integrating, and completing Engineering Capital and Expense projects within specified time constraints based on individual objectives. These include but are not limited to budgets within pre-defined schedules. Projects are conceived and defined by the Plant and Division Management Team.
- Organize engineering program project requirements
- Manage projects to ensure completion within schedule and budget constraints
- Conceptualize designs, implement projects that include scope development, appropriation requests, process hazard analysis, cost estimates, communication plans, resource planning, schedules, equipment commissioning, SOPs, pre-start up safety review, post-startup punch list, and end of project reports and metrics
- Manage contract and plant resources, evaluate performance, assign work, assist in setting department objectives, and manage assigned engineering projects
- Coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems
- Develop and test; components, equipment, and systems applying principles and techniques of electrical, mechanical, chemical, and/or industrial engineering
- Provide technical and administrative direction to project team members
- Manage projects in compliance with company safety standards and environmental guidelines
- Prioritize engineering projects for different areas of workplace facility
- Conduct clear communication with associated engineering and business factions in other U.S.. facilities
- Manage and supervise other engineers and multiple plant/capital improvement projects
CSM Contractor Safety Management QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor`s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering or related areas
- Must have excellent planning, organization, leadership, presentation, decision making, analytical, and oral and written communication skills
- 7 to 10 years of project manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite/365, and AutoCAD
- Oracle JD Edwards ERP experience is a plus
- Project Management Certification is a plus
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: