Job #: 8737
Title: Mineral Processing Equipment Support Technician
Job Location: Salt Lake City, Utah - United States
Salary: $85,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
companies that sell large mineral processing plants to mines
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Company is is the leading designer and manufacturer of Mill Relining Systems in the world. This is an opportunity with high visability, reporting directly to the President of the company`s North American operation. JOB DESCRIPTION
Mineral Processing Equipment Support Technician, Salt Lake City, Utah
The Mineral Processing Support Technician liaises directly with Companys North American customer base both on-site and via Companys Customer Relations department as directed by the Customer Support & Technical Service Coordinator.
The CST acts as a key point of contact for service requests and is responsible for the commissioning, maintenance and training of customer site personnel in relation to our suite of technologies. The CST will also work in conjunction with the Customer Support & Technical Service Coordinator to recommend and follow up spare parts sales through to receipt of the customer purchase order.
In addition, an important aspect of the CST role involves instruction in the technical aspects of our technologies and training of North American employees to the high standards required in order to service our equipment.
The CST will be required to travel to customer mine sites for all aspects of service work including repairs, fault-finding, troubleshooting and warranty work.
- Commissioning, fault-finding / repairing, maintaining and monitoring our equipment at mine sites
- Training mine site personnel and employees in the use of our specialized equipment
- Ensuring that Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) is carried out as appropriate on equipment to ensure detection of early signs of damage which could lead to component failure
- Providing sales support to customer base (where required) in conjunction with the Customer Support Manager
- Liaising with the Customer Support Manager and Customer Relations Department so as to ensure that customer feedback occurs in a timely manner
- Ensuring timely completion of timesheets and other administrative paperwork
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Journeyman Crane Technician, Diesel Technician, Electrician, Mechanic or similar trade qualification
- Working proficiency in written and spoken English and Spanish, ideally with additional translation skills
- High-level written and spoken communication skills, with the ability to represent Company to staff of all levels at mine sites and other organizations
- Outgoing personality that allows the individual to confidently make contact by telephone and conduct face-to-face meetings with persons not previously known
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Attention to detail with respect to paperwork processing
- Well-developed IT skills, particularly in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to undergo and satisfy all site requirements, including medical examinations and the provision of personal records as requested by individual customer sites
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or other relevant discipline
- At least 1 years hard rock mining industry experience
- Experience of mine site working conditions
Knowledge of and a wide range of contacts within the North American hard rock mining industry
- Knowledge of and experience with the maintenance programs of grinding mills, in particular relining.
- Possession of a current drivers license United States
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, unrestricted international drivers license
- A current, valid passport
- You will need to work flexible hours in order to meet the requirements of this position. Typically a working day will consist of 12 hours work, but this may be exceeded whilst travelling to and from site.
- This position involves both domestic and international travel, with a range of negotiated site days to be achieved. Site days are days spent travelling to / from and working on customer mine sites.
- You may also be required to attend offices to undertake administrative duties.
How to Apply: