Job #: 8743
Title: Director of R&D / Product Development
Job Location: Ithaca, New York - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Product Development Chemist / "R&D Director" - Ion-exchange (IX) Technology in liquid purification
FULL RELOCATION EXPENSES covered to faciltate your move to North, NJ near Edison, Little Falls, Newark NJ
The R&D Director will be a senior level technical expert helping to bring our client into the future - to the next level of innovation in ion-exchange purification technologies with a focus on and resins for liquid purification.
- Join a forward-thinking manufacturing company and report directly to the VP Divisional Manager who is focused on innovation and product development as part of his business growth strategy.Youll be a key player.
- This company has been in business for over 50 years.Since they have essential cornered the market in their primary space (enjoying 75- 80% market share), they are now targeting growth into new markets.At the same time, theyve taken steps to optimize manufacturing to accommodate this growth.
- A great base salary; Comprehensive relocation benefits to covers your move including real-estate transaction costs plus extra allowances; Company sponsored insurance programs (Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription, Life); 401K plan with matching & a Pension Plan; Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays.
As Director of R&D / Lead Product Development Chemist, you will become the go-to technical expert driving corporate innovation in the area of ion-exchange liquid purification. Working on the site where the resins are manufactured, youll lead product development activities within the Utility Water Purification Group. Youll also pitch in and help the technical sales and field service teams troubleshoot customer problems with water-purification systems and customer resin regeneration processes. This is a hand-on position with laboratory work as a product development chemist combined with strategic planning function as you apply your knowledge of this exciting technology.
- Enhance existing formulations of Ion Exchange resins used to remove trace contamination in water recycle systems.
- Oversee the synthesis and scale-up of new products.
- Develop physical and chemical characterization protocols.
- Conduct product performance evaluations, and define chemical and physical attributes for marketing and technical publications.
- Conduct competitive technology evaluations to benchmark product performance against competitors products.
- Generate detailed laboratory reports summarizing your R&D efforts and presentation findings to management.
- Assist the field engineers and sales team with customer trouble shooting.
- A career focus that includes Ion-exchange (IX) Technology in liquid purification. Best if experience specifically includes IX media for low-level contaminant removal in high purity water applications.
- PhD in Chemistry or equivalent experience.
- At least 10 years of experience in formulation & synthesis.
- Experienced with analytical testing methods, testing, and equipment.
- Good communication skills required for interacting with customers and senior management.
- Authorized to work for any employer in the USA without restrictions.
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: