Job #: 8962
Title: SW Engineering Manager for Medical Device Company (must have off shore management experience)
Job Location: Lake Forest, California - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: bonus, benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are hiring for our R&D client in Southern California!
In this exciting team, we are adding a manager that will lead connectivity development and has experience managing off shore teams. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Lead an agile team of external SW vendors to develop Informatics software solutions for industry leading ophthalmic surgical devices.
- Responsible for the entire product software development life cycle for applicable products.
- Works with fellow members in the product design team to analyze target product profile, and creates software requirements traceable to system requirements.
- Leads the software design on Connectivity (IHE, HL7, DICOM) and Cloud Applications (Web, Mobile), working closely with both engineers in-house and external software vendors.
- Communicates statement of work, Software Engineering Development Process (SEDP), and development plan to external software vendors.
- Works with project manager to assure vendor is progressing as planned and meeting milestones.
- Manages technical issues raised during development process.
- Works closely with Software Verification and Validation group to ensure appropriate software verification plan and procedures, and to manage deviations in validation.
- Interfaces with customers and vendors as necessary
- Minimum BS in computer science or related science/engineering discipline plus twelve years experience, or MS plus ten years experience, or Ph.D. plus eight years experience.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required.
- Requires software development experience for medical devices and FDA/Global Regulations.
- Minimum eight years directly leading software projects.
- Requires high level of comfort with software architecture and object oriented/service-oriented design concepts. Requires experience with Agile philosophy and Scrum methodology.
- Requires solid knowledge of full-stack Cloud Applications software (AWS, Analytics, Web/Mobile).
- Proven ability to mentor and coach engineers in day-to-day scenarios.
- Software development representative in cross-functional product teams, and can thrive in a dynamic environment with challenging schedules.
- Experience managing external software vendors in completing projects.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving skills and attention to detail with a strong focus on quality.
- Project management experience and skills (e.g. knowledge of PM tools during the product development cycle? supports field services on complex technical issues
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: