Job #: 8963
Title: Sr SW Engineer (embedded - medical device)
Job Location: Lake Forest, California - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: bonus, benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are working with a global medical device company to hire talent for their R&D organization. This specific Senior / Principal SW Engineer role is responsible for the development, maintenance, and documentation of complex web-based application interacting with state-of-art ophthalmic surgical devices worldwide. This position is responsible for the WebUI interface, central server, and equipment interfaces. You will participate in all phases of the software lifecycle, including concept development, requirements, design, implementation, testing, and maintenance. In this position you will gain an in-depth understanding of the anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the eye. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Design, Develop, Integrate and test embedded software for computer controlled electromechanical devices in a Real Time Opertions System (RTOS) environment for medical devices.
- Develops and applies complex concepts and proposes new and unique approaches, methods, procedures and designs with regular use of ingenuity, creativity and originality to researching technical issues.
- Assures continuity of products and processes through feasibility assessment, research, design, development and compliance to requirements.
- Provides technical leadership direction, determining and developing approach to solutions by coordinating multiple resources to solve complex problems.
- May lead design reviews and r4eview action items
- Ensures regulatory / statutory / legislative compliance for all project work.
- BSCS, BSEE or BSCE and four years of work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required.
- Programming in C++ and C targeting embedded Microcontrollers
- Object Oriented design patterns and implementation in C++
- Deploying various RTOS based applications and designing multi-threaded applications
- Knowledge of various hardware control systems: waveform generation, transducer signal sampling, motor control and other electromechanical control desired
- Understanding of basic electronics circuitry: board bring up and interfacing with on and off chip peripherals such as SPI, UART, I2C, ADCs and DACs
- Use of lab equipment (logic analyzers, in-circuit emulators, oscilloscopes and DVMs) to debug and troubleshoot designs
- Using static analysis, unit testing and other tools/methods to produce high quality designs
- Team player with demonstrated commitment to meeting schedule and project milestones.
- Prefer Experience developing applications with both wired (CAN, Ethernet) and wireless communication networks (802.15.4, BLE)
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: