Job #: 8964
Title: Sr. Accountant-manufacturing- SAP F/I
Job Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - United States
Salary: $60,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
commutable to Center City, Philadelphia
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a global chemical company with headquarters in downtown Philadelphia, PA. They are seeking a permanent experienced corporte accountant with SAP FI experience. Local candidates only who are US Citizens or Green Card Holders. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Responsible for various general accounting functions including journal transactions, expense and general ledger balance sheet account analysis, reporting for internal and external auditors and financial statement report preparation.
- Create and post various plant expense, freight, railcar lease expense, credit card expense, corporate SG&A expense and payroll related journal entries.
- Support the Transportation department with monthly freight expense and leased railcar expense and liability account analysis.
- Support the Legal department by providing financial information for various chemical industry and government mandated surveys.
- Support the Supply Chain department with a monthly inventory report for use in reconciling the inventory stored at the offsite warehouse locations.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations including supporting documentation for various balance sheet general ledger accounts.
- Responsible to prepare and analyze a monthly income statement and balance sheet for internal reporting.
- Responsible to prepare an income statement, balance sheet, sales report, inventory report and flux report on a quarterly and year end basis for the external auditors.
- Monitor the month end closing process to ensure the daily transactions are being completed by the Accounting, plant production and corporate support departments.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a major in accounting preferred.
- Five or more years experience in a corporate accounting work environment
- Experienced with the SAP FI module journal entry and reporting transactions.
- Supply Chain Experience
- Willing to work additional hours during the month end and year end closing process.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel, especially experienced with pivot tables and look up functions.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment and yet work independently on multiple tasks.
- Have strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: