Job #: 8934
Title: Automation and Controls Engineer
Job Location: Calhoun, Georgia - United States
Salary: $75,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 10% bonus, excellent full benefits, and outstanding paid relocation
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Prefer local/regional candidates but will consider nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
A diversified $9B global manufacturing industry leader has an immediate opening for an Automation and Controls Engineer for a high-tech, modern manufacturing operation. Position comes with a base salary to $100,000, a 10% bonus, full benefits, and outstanding paid relocation assistance. It also offers several growth opportunities in a number of locations within the US and globally. If you`re looking to advance your career with a highly-successful global industry-leader, then this position will be just the starting point for you! JOB DESCRIPTION
In This Position You Will:
- Ensure compliance with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Ensure equipment optimization within the high speed production process. Analyze daily progress of overall equipment effectiveness and take corrective action to minimize equipment downtime and maximize equipment performance. Summarize performance on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis, including failures, causes, and corrections. Follows-up on corrective actions through completion.
- Review technical issues and confer with maintenance staff to resolve technical production problems by performing the correct preventive maintenance actions. Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Provide accurate and immediate hands-on troubleshooting and repair for manufacturing equipment. Troubleshoot and repair high speed, automated, manufacturing equipment utilizing LOTO and hands-on diagnostic abilities. The troubleshooting includes climbing onto, into, and around equipment to quickly locate problem areas and determine root causes of problems.
- Confer with peers and other personnel to implement standard operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Supervise, at times, other staff members including Engineering Technician(s). Coach and review/provide input regarding performance of direct reports and indirect reports (machine operators, technicians, etc.).
- Assist in writing and teaching process procedures to ensure corrective and preventative actions are taking place. Demonstrate ability to train others effectively. Develop specifications, checklists, and standard work processes.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, costs, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Lead the final stages of new product development by testing, troubleshooting, researching, and implementing potential improvements.
- Assist with the construction and installation of ultramodern, process-controlled, high-tech installations of manufacturing equipment. Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment. Identify critical spare parts list.
- Provide clear and succinct feedback to equipment suppliers on operational problems and needs. Follow solutions through to implementation by active follow-up. See projects through from concept to documentation phases.
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation, and performance of equipment, components, and systems.
- Review and evaluate work of others, inside and outside the organization, to ensure effectiveness, technical adequacy, and compatibility in the resolution of complex engineering problems.
- For assigned product lines, maintain a fully documented and accurate electrical design and control program that complies with established company and industry standards.
- Interact professionally and effectively with many different types of people at different levels, both internal and external to the organization. Ensure that information is clearly communicated and understood by all. QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or other relevant field required.
- Equipment controls and PLC programming (knowledge of controls languages should include Siemens S7 and Allen Bradley).
- Knowledge of production processes and quality control concepts.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved.
- Experience in an automated manufacturing environment.
- Lean and Six Sigma tools experience desirable.
- Technology and automation minded, with a basic understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, motors, basic electricity, gearboxes, and tools.
- Excellent computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Strong math skills, including the knowledge of arithmetic, basic algebra, geometry, and statistics, and their applications.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under stress when equipment is down.
- Possess an exceptional attention to detail.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Capable of hands-on electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repair for manufacturing equipment. Requirements include LOTO, hands-on diagnostic ability (set-point determination/adjustment), and appropriate use of hand tools.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: