Job #: 8939
Title: CNC Applications Engineer (Need 3 of them) - Will relocate from USA
Job Location: New Hudson, Michigan - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Recruit within Michigan
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a leading German Manufacturer of CNC Machine Tools.
The APPLICATION ENGINEER will have the responsibility to provide highly qualified application support for our client`s products and turnkey projects in-house and onsite at customers. Actively identify, promote and deliver opportunities for application engineering and training support. Assist and support the setup and management of CNC machines at trade shows and within the companys technical center.
Work with the Sales group to provide product demonstrations of CNC equipment capabilities. Provide informal technical training to customers and employees on CNC product operations and programming capabilities. JOB DESCRIPTION
The APPLICATION ENGINEER performs a variety of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Setup, develop, and prove out to a statistical level machining turnkey processes to meet or exceed Customer Workpiece Specifications at the Company facility and the Customer site
- Write, develop, and perfect CNC and PLC Programing
- Model and test CNC programs through CNC Simulation programs
- Provide assistance in the initial design and selection of workholding and cutting tooling and be able to modify or direct field modifications to the same.
- Work with a Project Engineer and Tooling Supplier to optimize tool materials, geometry, paths, cutting feeds and speeds for reduced cycle times and improved tool life.
- Reduce and simplify operating and setup time required for workpiece loading, tool setting, workholding change out (when required), inline gaging and probing.
- Monitor all programs to make sure they meet customer requirements safely and successfully.
- Provide informal, on the site training for customers.
- Assist the Training Group in developing machine operating instructions for customers.
- Identify any non-functioning safety equipment or unsafe conditions.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Abilities:
- 5+ years experience setting up four and five axis machining centers and CNC Programming with a 2 year Technical Mechatronics degree from an accredited College or University OR 10+ years experience applying CNC products providing CAM, G-code, Auto Programming, PLC, Machine Tool Operation, Runoffs and Time Studies
- Skilled in the setup and understanding of 4 & 5 Axis Machining Center Operations
- Skilled in reading and understanding of 2D blueprints, 3D models and GD&T Requirements
- Experienced with Targeting of Machines and Statistical Capability
- Skilled in understanding and reading of CMM Layouts and applying CMM Analysis to workholding offsets
- Understanding of basic inspection and measuring equipment, including height gauge, optical comparator, profilometer, bore gauges, etc.
- Troubleshooting of electro-mechanical machinery and processes
- Customer service and phone skills
- Organization skills, i.e. for documents, demos, work area and time management
- Experience with multi-spindle horizontal machining centers, preferred
- Experience with Siemens 840D Solution Line and Fanuc 32i Controls, preferred
- Experience with a wide range of machine tools; lathe, mill, grinding, and 5X applications, preferred
- Experience with robot and cell automation including PLC, networking and peripheral devices, preferred
- Excellent personal relation skills and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, prioritizing them appropriately
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook proficient
- Good organizational skills and Detail-Oriented
- The ability to read, write, and speak English
- Understanding of German Language, preferred
- Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- Primary work area is a light industrial or assembly floor work environment, requiring the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Classification & Compensation:
- The position is full-time, permanent and non-exempt
- A high percentage, estimated at 60% or greater, of travel is expected for this position
- The pay range varies, depending on experience, skills, abilities, and length of service with the Company
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: