Job #: 8940
Title: Field Service Technician
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts - United States
Salary: $70,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a major German Machine Tool Company. Our most defining characteristic is our impressive range of 2- and 4-spindle horizontal machining centers. The Service Technician is responsible for, among other things, the maintenance, repair, service, and installation of CNC milling machining centers as well as assisting our customers in the resolution of problems they may encounter. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Field Service Engineer/Technician performs a variety of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Installation, Commissioning and Servicing of SW custom built Machines
- Install and demonstrate new machines in customer plants, including electrical or mechanical check-outs, set up and commissioning, tooling, operation and programming as required in the field.
- Prepare and submit demonstration reports accurately and promptly as per project requirements.
- Provide timely Field Service on SW Machines on an as needed basis.
- Perform basic electrical/electronic, or mechanical, or hydraulic problem diagnosis and repair in customer`s plants during warranty period.
- Cross-train on mechanical, electrical & electronic maintenance.
- Advise and assist customers with most operations and programming problems during warranty period.
- Perform most maintenance work and provide basic assistance needed by customer following warranty period.
- Upgrade personal capability and train customer personnel:
- Assist other Field Service Engineer/Technicians with various assignments to receive necessary on-the-job training.
- Attend schools, seminars, and conferences to stay current with up and coming technology related to CNC Machine service and installation
- Train customer personnel in processing, tooling, operating, and servicing of SW Machine products.
- Bachelors degree from four-year College or university within the Mechanical Engineering field
- Five years PLUS related experience and/or training on servicing complex up to 5 Axis CNC Machines
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of mechanical, hydraulic, and laser systems
- Knowledge of CNC equipment (FANUC a plus).
- Requires 95% travel (domestic and international).
- PLC programming experience with Siemens Step 7
- A valid Drivers License
- A Valid Passport, must have citizenship in either Canada or the United States
- Ability to clear criminal and educational Background check as required
- Ability to clear Border Services to perform Service work in either Canada or the United States
- Ability to obtain OR have in possession, a valid H1B visa status
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Primary work area is an industrial work environment, requiring the ability to stand for extended periods of time
- The ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis is required
Hourly Rate: $27/hr - $35/hr + OT
Classification & Compensation
- The position is full-time, permanent and non-exempt from FLSA overtime requirements
- The pay range varies, depending on experience, skills, abilities, and length of service with the Company
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: