Job #: 9001
Title: Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer
Job Location: Richmond, Virginia - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: *May be able to offer higher
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Electrical/ Instrumentation Engineer JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is positioned at the beginning of their growth phase having successfully spun off, implementing the foundations for the business success with very knowledge and technical leadership in place from day 1, and ready for rapid company growth offering a great career opportunity for great people. If you believe in driving results in a friendly environment that is open to creative ideas and diverse perspectives, then this is the place for you. They are built on a rich history of teamwork, innovation, and customer focus and that has a fun, entrepreneurial mindset.
They are a leading manufacturer of specialty chemicals serving the food, automotive, sports apparel, and building materials industries. They are respected by customers far and wide as a trusted partner that can be counted on for quality products, sustainable solutions and reliable supple. A career with this company means opportunity & possibility for people who seek variety, responsibility, and hands-on experience in a dynamic workplace.
Under direct supervision, perform a variety of engineering work in the initial planning and design phases of construction projects. Support procurement, construction, and commissioning phases of projects with activities including assisting with preparation of labor/material estimates and design packages. Work typically performed in office and field.
- The individual must personally set a good example with all rules and regulations to achieve 100% universal compliance with HS&E (Health, Safety & Environmental) Procedures/Regulations.
- Perform basic electrical and instrument engineering functions in a capital engineering organization under the direction of the lead instrumentation and electrical engineers.
- Strong understanding of P&IDs and control logic.
- Design electrical equipment, controls and instruments per OEM specifications.
- Provide technical assistance to modify the facility using good engineering and maintenance practices.
- Review project proposals, owner/contractor specifications and any other requirements for preparing projects.
- Prepare design information and the documentation for the assigned capital expenditures, major maintenance and/or construction activities they are assigned.
- Ensure approved document to support the successful completion of the relevant construction activities.
- Work with the site personnel to understand the key issues and identify ways to improve the operation by using good engineering judgment and solutions.
- Ensure the appropriate operational procedures are followed during the installation of the project.
- Ensure construction practices as required are in compliance with operations/execution with federal, state, local and plant codes/policies.
- Ensure the personnel perform quality work and address any deficiencies.
- Must be able analyze field data in operating facilities.
- Help prepare regular progress reports and other information to reflect on going work.
- Travel 10%
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or Instrument Engineering.
- Must have industrial experience in a chemical, industrial, paper or manufacturing facility with exposure to construction practices.
- 2+ years of engineering experience.
- Preferred hands-on experience in installation, operation, and maintenance of equipment in industrial facility.
- Desirable to have Engineering Fundamentals Exam completed
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and computer literacy required.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: