Job #: 9004
Title: Product Stewardship Leader
Job Location: Parsippany, New Jersey - United States
Salary: $95,000.00 - $135,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 10% bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is positioned at the beginning of their growth phase having successfully spun off, implementing the foundations for the business success with very knowledge and technical leadership in place from day 1, and ready for rapid company growth offering a great career opportunity for great people. If you believe in driving results in a friendly environment that is open to creative ideas and diverse perspectives, then this is the place for you. They are built on a rich history of teamwork, innovation, and customer focus and that has a fun, entrepreneurial mindset.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop and implement a global regulatory compliance strategy and a set of programs to achieve compliance with regulations governing new chemical substances, food contact materials, and environmental exposures.
- Provide strategic guidance to businesses, technology and marketing on new product introduction and registrations, and on complex local, national and international regulatory and scientific concerns.
- Anticipate, communicate, and manage regulatory changes in regulatory regimes that may impact existing product lines and new product introductions.
- Maintain current knowledge and proficiency in existing, modified and new chemical risk management regulations and product stewardship emerging issues; assist businesses and functions to adapt and improve compliance through training and awareness education of laws and regulations.
- Lead cross functional teams to plan, organize testing, prepare and submit new chemical inventory registrations or regulatory certifications in relevant jurisdictions timely and effectively.
- Understand potential product use and misuse (occupational, consumer, etc.) and develop work flows to assure products are used only for their intended use.
- Guide businesses to develop and manufacture products that can be made, used and disposed of safely.
- Manage development and distribution of hazard communication documents including SDSs, Labels, and ACC Product Summaries.
- Gain thorough understanding of product hazards, product end-use applications and existing product risk characterizations to enable appropriate risk assessment and management; develop and implement mitigation strategy and communications with stakeholders
- Lead Risk Characterization and Business Risk Review efforts as required to support new products and business strategies
- Drives customer-focused efforts through direct customer engagements on regulatory topics and management of all customer regulatory information requests
- Engage, select, and manage external toxicologists and service providers (e.g., testing labs and local representatives).
- Develop market & industry knowledge and expertise for businesses regarding regulatory issues while representing company`s interests in industry associations and trade groups.
- Develop and maintain the written Business Product Stewardship Program
- BS in chemistry, biology, environmental sciences, or other related fields; an advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years experience managing global product registrations/notifications in the chemical industry or related businesses.
- Solid working knowledge of chemical product stewardship and regulatory issues.
- In-depth understanding of regulatory and compliance requirements under TSCA, FIFRA, FDA and/or REACH.
- Demonstrated capability to work within the GHS hazard communication framework.
- Demonstrated independent planning and coordination skills, and ability to drive clarity and manage uncertainty.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in providing sound, strategic business advice, solving complex problems and making tough decisions.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Experience and knowledge of formulated chemical products is a plus.
- Ability to address/influence a wide range of cultures, disciplines and levels within the organization
- Willingness and ability to work effectively in a large multi-national matrix organization.
- Travel as needed.
- Excellent project management skills, with a proven track record of achieving extraordinary results.
- Innovative and passionate about product management/stewardship; intellectual curiosity and a strong drive for learning and continued improvement.
- Work to the highest levels of integrity.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: