Job #: 9018
Title: Lead Application Scientist
Job Location: Richmond, Virginia - United States
Salary: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Lead Application Scientist JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is positioned at the beginning of their growth phase having successfully spun off, implementing the foundations for the business success with very knowledge and technical leadership in place from day 1, and ready for rapid company growth offering a great career opportunity for great people. If you believe in driving results in a friendly environment that is open to creative ideas and diverse perspectives, then this is the place for you. They are built on a rich history of teamwork, innovation, and customer focus and that has a fun, entrepreneurial mindset.
The candidate will investigate solvent formulation/application development for our existing products, and generate new ideas for derivative molecules based on our current product portfolio and business strategy. Should also be able to aid in the synthesis of new molecules from bench to pilot plant scale. As a key member of a multi-functional R&D team, the candidate will provide chemistry leadership in developing and testing new solvents/molecules based on our current products and their potential application spaces
- Be able to leverage modern analytical methods (IC, UV-vis, HPLC,GC, GC/MS) to understand R&C processes and develop new products and applications for our products and their derivatives.
- Application know-how and expertize/development skill in additives for the Coatings/Adhesives/Cleaning industry
- Proven success in commercialization through Application Development is a plus.
- Support Product development efforts with Application expertise in product design and faster commercialization
- Utilize a strong chemistry background combined with statistical design/modeling tools to ensure effective experimentation and analysis.
- Collaborate with Engineering team to take new processes/products from the laboratory to production, ensuring consistent manufacturing performance.
- Collaborate with the commercial group to understand market needs for new products and and target markets/applications, and conceive of and develop new molecules based on our existing product portfolio to meet those needs.
- Maintain a safe lab
- BS or MSc Degree in Organic or Physical chemistry with 10 or more years experience in an industrial environment, working with solvents use in application spaces such as: coatings, agriculture, and dispersants/coalescesers
- 10+ years of developing and testing new chemical products and finding applications for them.
- 5+ years optimizing and commercializing chemical processes
- PhD in organic or physical organic chemistry 5 or more years experience in industrial environment highly preferred
- PhD Chemical Engineer with 5 or more years extensive experience in Organic and Analytical chemistry in an industrial environment
- Demonstrated success in developing innovative technologies and experiments
- Technical competence - organic chemistry, physical organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, statistical, and computer skills
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills and Teamwork capabilities.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification is a plus
- Bias for action and results oriented mindset
- Ability to work both independently, and in team environments
- Creative, innovative thinker
- Frequently shows ability to generate new technology and ideas.
- Develops projects that will impact profitability of AdvanSix business
- Has invented, developed and commercialized new products and improvements in a technology
- Demonstrated experience in providing process expertise and operating knowledge to solve customer problems and support sales.
- Demonstrated leadership of smaller projects or components of larger projects
How to Apply: