Job #: 9021
Title: Safety Officer
Job Location: Trona, California - United States
Salary: $85,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? Safety Office - Trona, CA
Excellent high desert/mountainous location for the outdoors type without the expense of the crowded coastal areas of California located in the Bakersfield / Ridgecrest / Mojave area. In this very large 500+ person inorganics production facility you will be responsible for providing management and technical expertise on large and complex engineering and construction projects through all phases of project development and execution. Responsible for leading, organizing and managing project engineers, technicians and staff who design, develop, construct and implement engineering projects. You will supervise 5 direct and a total group of about 20 will report to the VP-Operations.
They are seeking experienced and motivated candidates for the position of Safety Officer. The Safety Officer will drive implementation of the client`s Health and Safety processes and systems with a view to ensuring executional excellence and continuous improvement. This person will provide guidance and oversight to the Safety Specialists, as well as, Safety Program initiatives, improvement and performance. This person assures proactive compliance with federal, state and local environmental and occupational safety regulatory requirements through creation, implementation and auditing for compliance-related Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and administration of assigned programs in coordination with other functional areas. 1. Ensures compliance with statutory requirements, company policies and practices with regards to safety standards.
- Monitors and audits Health and Safety programs for assigned facilities ensuring compliance with Federal and State regulations and Company policies, practices and procedures.
- Monitors safety performance within areas of accountability.
- Develops, reviews and maintains safety practices, procedures and policies.
2. Responds to emergency situations and leads incident investigations to determine root cause.
3. Leads in identification, analysis and control of occupational hazards to minimize incidents.
- Recommends and implements solutions to improve safety standards across the workforce.
- Proactively identifies and resolves safety hazards.
- Monitors the implementation of all safety related corrective actions and program enhancements.
4. Provides coaching, direction, technical guidance and oversight for Company Safety Specialists.
5. Coaches site area personnel (including contractors) and line management on all safety related matters.
- Creates and conducts safety related training and ensures training is current and meets regulatory requirements.
- Provides field support and technical assistance during normal operations and maintenance turnaround activities.
6. Completes routine and non-routine internal and external EHS compliance/conformance reports and associated data analysis.
- Identifies, tracks and improves on key Safety program metrics.
7. Coordinates and conducts safety audits on a regular basis and addresses all hazards appropriately.
- Helps Company management implement safety procedures and policies.
8. Works with safety committees to drive safety committee actions to completion and provides input on capital projects resulting from safety action item implementation.
Depending on operational needs, may require after hours work and participating in the rotating weekend on-call schedule.
- At least 50% of work activity will be in physical plant areas with exposure to outdoor weather and loud noise.
- Requires work in manufacturing environment.
- Occasional work at heights.
- Percent Travel: 5%.
- Bachelor`s Degree in Occupational Safety, Physical Sciences or Engineering required; or a combination of education and related work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years Facilities Safety or EHS experience is required.
- EHS experience in manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of OSHA, Cal OSHA, US EPA regulations required.
- Experience with root cause analysis (RCA)
- A self-starter, showing good decision making and judgment skills with a strong customer focus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff and work well independently and on a team.
- Competent in use of office software such as MS Word and Excel.
- Regularly lifts up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lifts up to 25 lbs.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: