Job #: 9067
Title: Senior Data Analyst (Financial Services Industry)
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois - United States
Salary: $50,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
As a member of the Corporate Risk organization, the Senior Data Analyst will be part of the team that serves the needs of the client Bank, including products and services for personal, business and corporate customers.
The team provides critical Credit Data risk management support to key functional areas. The department aims to ensure high-level of accuracy in data quality by taking direct co-ownership of data in various credit lines of business. The Senior Data Analyst and division is also accountable for establishment of risk control processes by tracking, testing, analyzing and reporting of key conditions. JOB DESCRIPTION
Senior Data Analyst
Accountable for coordinating with other department heads as required and plan and direct activities of the department:
- Requires expertise in the various core bank Data and Credit Risk functions including high functional knowledge and how they connect to support the existing product portfolio
- Maintains robust working relationships with business units.
- Initiates, leads and delivers end-to-end data quality projects or activities in alignment with company goals and policies
- Tracks ideas and solutions for credit data quality issues based on observations and analysis
- Designs and implements comprehensive data quality solutions to meet regulatory and business requirements
- Will be developed to serve as the data SME with comprehensive understanding of the business implications for data quality throughout the credit data flow.
- Leads the implementation of data quality projects involving stakeholders as required, including business data owners, chief data office and technology counterparts
- Supplies guidance to other analysts with respect to credit data quality best practices
- Proactively develops and leads communication briefings to inform senior management and Departments on the value of Credit Data Quality and Analytics initiatives
- Bachelor`s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related field preferred
- 2 or more years of relevant Knowledge with Data, Risk or Financial background preferred
- Excellent analytical, numerical and creative / conceptual problem-solving ability
- Expertise in Access, SQL, Unix, SAS or similar query languages or data analysis tools
- Strong knowledge in Excel, Power Point, creating and designing reports is essential
- Significant knowledge in working with financial data systems
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills and detail oriented
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: