Job #: 9070
Title: Senior Risk Analyst
Job Location: Houston, Texas - United States
Salary: $50,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Senior Risk Analyst must be proficient with query languages; SQL, SAS, VBA, etc.
Our client bank is seeking a knowledgeable and technically proficient Senior Risk Analyst to join its Risk Analytics platform. The group takes on a diverse role, supporting the Corporate Risk business through regular and ad-hoc reporting, analytical insight, and involvement in key operational processes. JOB DESCRIPTION
Senior Risk Analyst Tasks:
- Supports the platform reporting and analytical efforts, Accountable for efforts to streamline and automate consumption of key data from large and complex sources for use in regular and ad hoc reporting and analysis, primarily to support risk management.
- Regularly monitors credit and counterparty exposures that the Bank faces through its credit intensive business operations. Partners with risk stakeholders to identify and manage exposures in accordance with risk policies.
- Accountable for maintaining existing and building new reporting dashboards to enhance risk management reporting leveraging business intelligence tools such as Tableau. Primary participant in effort to streamline efficient and valuable dashboards for management and business stakeholders.
- Designs and maintains complex SQL/SAS code used to feed streamlined reporting and other deliverables.
- Accountable for query design, validation, best practices documentation, and regular maintenance.
- Supports key regulatory reporting requirements, at times acting as liaison with regulators.
- Partners with platform to ensure compliance with ongoing usage of vendor and proprietary models. Plays a role in supporting validations and ensuring adequate monitoring and documentation are in place.
- Acts as a contact point for communication with external Bank partners and vendors.
- Uses market research and develops benchmark tests to back the model validation of key loss forecasting model.
- Complete Bank ad hoc analysis for senior management and third parties (such as regulators).
A qualified candidate will possess at least three years of knowledge in a fast paced and analytically focused position within the financial services industry. Will have extensive knowledge organizing, consuming, and analyzing large and complex data and must be proficient with query languages (SQL/SAS/VBA). High level of proficiency with Microsoft software (Access, Excel), Knowledge developing business intelligence reporting preferred (Tableau strongly preferred).
Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelors degree with a weight in finance, business, economics, mathematics or the equivalent work knowledge.
- Ability to work independently, accurately, and to meet deadlines. Robust interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external clients and industry professionals.
- Candidate must be inspired to learn and succeed in a demanding environment that requires solutions to complex challenges.
- Knowledge writing and maintaining complex SQL/SAS/VBA code and developing business intelligence reporting while applying best practices.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: