Job #: 9066
Title: Capital Planning & Engineering Manager
Job Location: Baltimore, Maryland - United States
Salary: $150,000.00 - $165,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 18% bonus, 6% $ for $ match 401k & 4% retirement contribution
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Capital Planning & Engineering Manager
Plenty of company upward growth as they continue to expand their marketshare
Aggressive 18% bonus, 6% $ for $ match 401k & 4% retirement contribution
With the company taking aggressive actions to expand and grow, they are looking to improve and upgrade their facilities across the nation and some internationally! They are looking to hire the right type of talent and a fast paced, driven type of personality. The companys two industry-leading business segmentsCatalysts Technologies and Materials Technologiesprovide innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the products and processes of our customers around the world.
The Capital Planning and Engineering Manager is the organizational leader who directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of capital projects within area of assigned responsibility. This individual will partner with the business team members including management, development, research, and manufacturing.
- Must have proven ability to execute all phases of project management (front-end design, preliminary engineering, authorization, detail design, construction, commissioning, and start-up, close out).
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Reviews project design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, contract requirements, and related specifications
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design issues
- Directs integration of process design activities and production requirements into capital projects
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget
- Prepares interim and completion project reports
- Prepares capital authorization documents
- Coordinates merit and feasibility studies
- Assure that projects are being designed and installed using sound engineering principles and are in accordance with national codes and standards as well as Grace Corporate wide procedures and standards
- Develop and maintain the engineering documents required for successful completion of capital projects
- Directly supervise engineering firms who are designing assigned projects
- Supervise either directly or indirectly, outside contractors and subcontractors who are constructing assigned projects
- Provide engineering assistance as required to other departments and other plants
- Review capital budget and spending requirements for a group of plants
- Inspect key equipment prior to release for shipment for all assigned projects
- This position will require up to 50% travel and will require the manager to be onsite during the key phases of the project. International travel may be required.
- BS degree in engineering, preferably Mechanical or Chemical.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in project design and project management in the chemicals industry.
- Experience managing capital projects across different regions of the US preferred
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: