Job #: 9051
Title: Construction Estimator
Job Location: Kansas City, Missouri - United States
Salary: $65,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 10% yearly bonus potential
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Midwest United States
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Estimator will be responsible for estimating both maintenance projects and projects involving the JOB DESCRIPTION
supply and erection of new pre-engineered metal buildings along with the preparation of formal written proposals.
- Preparing estimates by calculating various statistical data such as quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor cost per man-hour, equipment cost and applying to complete scope of work.
- Defining and quantifying the scope of work and preparing comprehensive conceptual, budgetary, and construction cost estimates for projects.
- Reviewing/researching historical data and compiling summary reports of completed projects to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
- Securing quotes from material vendors in support of the work scope(s)
- Subcontract Management: solicit & acquire estimates from subcontractors and evaluate bids
- Customer interaction: as required
- Read and interpret Customer Job Specifications
- Jobsite walk downs: participate in pre-construction jobsite walk downs and gather bid information when required.
- Demonstrate construction math and computer skills including Microsoft Excel and /or construction estimating software.
- Must have the ability to read blue prints
- Preferred 4-year degree: construction management or engineering degree
- 5+ yrs. of construction estimating experience ideally the candidate would be in or have been in a related position involving pre-engineered metal buildings and/or turn-key commercial projects.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with a team to estimate projects of moderate complexity up to $10 million
- Ability to evaluate, quantify and capture specifications requirements within the estimate
- Prior experience working with terms & conditions in construction contracts
- Experience in construction contract management, schedule management, and estimating is highly preferred
How to Apply: