Job #: 9054
Title: Product Owner - Denver, CO - Contract
Job Location: Denver, Colorado - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Title: Product Owner
Employment Type: 6 + Months
Location: Denver, CO JOB DESCRIPTION
Are you a multi-tasking machine who likes to wear several hats, collaborate with a variety of teams, and challenge yourself every day with a range of responsibilities? Are you a creative thinker with a fanatical passion for designing exceptional software products that excite users? Are you someone with a background in software requirements gathering, documentation, design or analysis who wants to take the next step in your career towards a strategic product ownership role where youre vision and passion will drive the success of your own products?
As a Product Manager, your role will be to partner with key stakeholders - both internally and externally - to gather and document functional requirements, design new features and modules. As you learn about our industry and get up to speed with our product vision you will be expected to take on product ownership responsibilities for a set of modules or products where you will be managing the feature roadmap and driving the entire product development lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical implementation.
To be successful in this role, the Product Manager must be a perfectionist always thinking of ways to improve and tweak the product, with a strong sense of pride who will demonstrate an excitement about new product ideas that will compel the highest level of performance from everyone involved in the product development process. Tactically, the Product Manager must be proficient in business requirements definition and documentation, have strong analytical skills and good UX sensibilities, be familiar with the software development lifecycle, and be able to work with cross-functional teams both onshore and offshore. Finally, the Product Manager must be a strong self-starter who possesses excellent communication skills and is able to independently manage multiple priorities against aggressive schedules under minimal direction.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work directly with internal and external stakeholders - including Client customers - to gather functional requirements for new features and modules
- Prepare formal documentation of functional requirements in the form of Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, and User Stories
- Prepare UI specification documents based on detailed mockups developed by yourself or other members of the product team
- Assist in defining the overall product strategy and roadmap with clients while helping to identify dependencies and priorities for backlog items
- Participate in an Agile scrum team in the role of product owner for a set of modules or products where you will be responsible for driving the full product development lifecycle
- Work with QA to develop Test Cases and acceptance criteria for release validation
- Identify opportunities for process optimization, process redesign, or development of new processes/policies for the Product Management team
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree, with 4-5 years as a Software Analyst, Scrum Product Owner, or Product Manager for customer facing software solutions (preferably SaaS)
- Fanatical passion for designing exceptional software products
- Some Global experience working with dispersed teams is key
- Highly motivated, hard-working team player who wont be afraid to jump into ambiguous situations and drive collective success
- Experience developing formal requirements documentation and functional specifications
- Experience creating detailed UI/UX mockups
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment against aggressive deadlines
- Be well versed in communicating with business process owners, business architects, technical peers, and senior to executive management
- Must be capable of serving as the face of the product to customers and internal stakeholders
- Must possess business acumen, strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Prior experience with Agile / SCRUM methodologies and processes
- Excellent attention to detail required pixel perfect isnt an ideal, its a requirement!
- Prior experience with UI/UX design and specification for web and mobile applications is a plus
- An entrepreneurial disposition with a creative flair for big picture thinking is essential
Please email your word copy of your resume.
Boston Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and uses e-verify to check employment eligibility.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: