Job #: 9059
Title: Sr. Environmental Engineer
Job Location: Houston, Texas - United States
Salary: $110,000.00 - $135,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: target bonus potential
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Texas experience needed
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Sr. Level Environmental Engineer located in Houston, Texas (east side of Houston)
You will support three sites in or near the Houston, Texas area and two international sites (one in Mexico and one in Brazil). If you speak Spanish as well as English, this could be of benefit.
This position will have you working in both a corporate role and a plant support role. You will report to the Director of Environment and Sustainable Development at their corporate site in the Northeast USA. You will be located at the chemicals plant site near Houston, Texas and will have the ability to work remote as well. You will travel to the corporate site routinely as you will also be supporting corporate objectives.
To be successful in this role, you will need a bachelors and perhaps master`s degree in either chemical engineering or environmental engineering and at least 15 years of progressive experience in Texas environmental compliance, auditing, permiting, etc in a chemical industry environment.
You will be well compensated for this role and will be provided excellent benefit plans and an opportunity for continued growth, development and progressive within this company. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Sr (Principal) Level Environmental Engineer will provide compreshensive regulatory and technical expertise tot he development and implementation of major environmental programs. Develop strategies for managing complex or sensitive environmental issues related to specific plant operations, business and Corporate initiatives in all compliance and responsible environmental management areas pertinent to the chemical industry. Provide compliance and achieving environmental objectives. Identify opportunities and take action to implement significant cost reductions related to environmental compliance, sustainable growth and remediation matters.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop innovative permit/compliance strategies for major regulations to minimize financial and operations impact on the Corporation and implements compliance/program initiatives and environmental assessments across business and operating functions.
- Coordinates the development work/implementation plans to address issues with potential high financial/legal consequences.
- Developm unique approaches to solving complex issues and provides technical evaluations of pending legislation to lobby efforts
- Provides in-depth regulatory and technical expertise to the analysis of significant legal issues
- Evaluate international environmental initiatives against Corporate environmental strategic plan
The position is responsible for the varying environmental matters:
- Provide a variety of environmental engineering services to the company manufacturing facilities including permit development/strategy, agency negotiation, engineering calculations, design, reviews, training etc (3 Texas sites and two international sites)
- Coordinating and performing environmental audits at both Corporate manufacturing facilities and at vendor locations which provide specialized services to the company
- Governmental lobbying, communication, implementation and related activities concerning federal and state environmental regulatory actions and/or proposals.
- Tracking and addressing environmental performance criteria (i.e. permit excursions, fines, penalties, deficiency notifications, etc) at company manufacturing locations
- Direct, train, motivate and lead a productive and technically competent team of professionals responsible for carrying out environmental compliance, capital project support, sustainable development and remediation activities corporate-wide.
- Communicate objectives to stakeholders including top management and business groups and report results
- Track environmental performance metrics, identify areas of interest and coordinate corrective actions where necessary
- Lead negotiations with Federal, State and Local agencies and community organizations regarding environmental and remediation requirements of active and inactive sites in order to achieve reasonable and justifiable results which area consistent with corporate strategy.
- Present annual remediation budgets, five year plans and progress reports to senior management
- Guide the negotiations of master service agreements with consultants and contractors who provide environmental engineering and remediation services to the Company.
- Bachelors degree in chemical engineering or environmental engineering (or related); graduate level degree a plus
- Comprehensive technical, regulatory and program expertise in all aspects of environmental management associated with complex chemical manufacturing and treatment/control technologies
- Minimum 15 years of experience in the environmental engineering field with most being in the chemicals manufacturing industry
- Experience in Federal/State regulatory compliance (Texas) and chemical/environmental processes
- Advanced skills in spreadsheet and modeling software
- Advanced auditing skills. Advanced interpersonal skills
- Should be a recognized corporate/industry-wide authority
- Community relations contacts and skills to negotiate with regulatory agency officials
- Advanced written/oral communication skills to develop concise reports and presentations on complex technical matters and major program initiatives
- Proficient in the English language (Spanish speaking/written skills an additional plus)
How to Apply: