Job #: 9129
Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Job Location: Plattsburgh, New York - United States
Salary: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of specialty rigid packaging solutions including sticks, jars, vials, closures, spouts, bottles and tubes. They are expanding this facility and need a Manufacturing Engineer who can bring energy and enthusiasm to their team. Plattsburgh sits on Lake Champlain across the Lake from Burlington VT. I JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is a designer and manufacturer of specialty rigid packaging solutions including sticks, jars, vials, closures, spouts, bottles, tubes and metered dose inhaler can coating services. They are expanding this facility and need a Manufacturing Engineer who can bring energy and enthusiasm to their team.
The Manufacturing Engineer will focus on the injection molding, lining, and decoration departments. Drive continuous improvement by providing data analysis and applying Lean / Six Sigma concepts. The Manufacturing Engineer will address efficiency and quality issues that arise during production, manage cost reduction projects, and participate/lead new product/equipment launches.
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and guidance to the manufacturing personnel
- Provide analysis and process troubleshooting to improve existing manufacturing uptime, yields, safety, and scrap
- Engage production employees in continuous improvement activities
- Lead, teams engaged in continuous improvement and new product launches
- Manage projects ranging from feasibility phase to post launch assessment; provide support through production life
- Cost savings activities - execute value added/value engineered and profit retention projects, decrease downtime via engineering improvements, develop manning reduction plans and scrap reduction.
- Maintain, improve and develop essential line documents (routers, work instructions, ) to support processes
- Ensure all new, revised and existing equipment is following safety and environmental requirements
- Evaluate manufacturing processes, design and execute experiments, apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
- Coordinate with maintenance and tooling to ensure proper operation and maximum uptime of equipment and tools
- Facilitate Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- BS degree in Mechanical, Plastics or Industrial Engineering preferred
- Industry experience in injection molding and plastics processing ideal
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on Manufacturing Engineering position involving automation equipment
- Willingness to be hands-on with equipment and production employees
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined and Lean / Six Sigma training experience
- FMEA and Risk Assessment training and strong analytical skills and proven team-oriented problem solving-skills
- Customer facing skills and the ability to communicate effectively, overcome challenges and defuse conflict
- Forward thinking engineer with experience in driving change
- Excellent listening skills along with highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Minimal travel is required
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: