Job #: 9130
Title: Quality Engineer
Job Location: Plattsburgh, New York - United States
Salary: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a designer and manufacturer of specialty rigid packaging solutions including sticks, jars, vials, closures, spouts, bottles and tubes and metered dose inhaler can coating services. They are expanding this facility and need a Quality Engineer who can bring energy and enthusiasm to their team. JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is a designer and manufacturer of specialty rigid packaging solutions including sticks, jars, vials, closures, spouts, bottles, tubes and metered dose inhaler can coating services. They are expanding this facility and need a Quality Engineer who can bring energy and enthusiasm to their team.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for implementing process control programs/projects that will assure production of finished goods that meet or exceed customer expectations. Lead and drive continuous improvement change by utilizing an assortment of quality tools, data collection and analysis that impacts the bottom line and improves customer satisfaction. Drive operational problem solving and solution utilizing six-sigma background and toolbox.
- Assist in changing culture and shifting organization away from AQL and move to a zero-tolerance mindset
- Conduct multiple projects ranging from feasibility phase to post launch quality assessment and production life
- Drive accountability, root cause analysis and corrective action management regarding customer complaints.
- Review and approve customer complaint reports for customer submission.
- Provide analysis and facilitate problem solving meetings for root cause of poor quality
- Execute data mining and analysis of quality and production data that will drive project direction, focus and priority towards product/process quality improvement
- Lead, implement and manage SPC (Statistical Process Control) techniques into our production processes
- Develop control plans and write procedures and process that are minimum but effective
- Review, negotiate and approve customer quality agreements
- FMEA Facilitation and maintenance
- Interface with customers to resolve complaints1 corrective actions, preventive actions, and engineering changes
- Initiate engineering change package
- Assist in formulating responses to audit findings
Requirements for Quality Engineer
- BS Mechanical or Plastics Engineering preferred
- 5+ years industry experience in Quality Engineering preferably in plastic molding.
- Strong analytical and proven team-oriented problem solving-skills
- ASQ-CQE, CQA certification preferred
- Black Belt Six-Sigma certification with the ability to train others.
- Strong customer satisfaction orientation
- In-depth knowledge of quality engineering techniques and metrology
- Possesses strong project management skills and prioritize tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively, overcome challenges and defuse conflict
- Validation/Qualification experience such as PPAP or IQ/OQ/PQ
- Experienced with ISO9000, cGMP, and ASTM test methods
- Strong data collection and analysis with professional reporting experience
- Strong writing and articulation skills
- Forward thinking engineer with experience in driving change
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Minimal travel required.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: