Job #: 9161
Title: Chemical Safety Manager
Job Location: Greenville, South Carolina - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Growing specialty chemical company. Safety is embedded with Production, Quality, Engineering and in everything they do. JOB DESCRIPTION
Specialty Chemical Manufacturers in the Greenville/Spartanburg, SC area are seeking Health & Safety Managers due to continuous growth. Actually seeking 2 Safety Managers. First one is Safety Manager with some PSM experience (specialty chemical plant); the other is Safety Manager with strong PSM experience (specialty chemical plant).
Coordinate and maintain Health and Safety programs at the corporate level. This includes directing employee safety training, performing safety inspections, and leading safety incident investigations. Ensure compliance with all applicable governmental/state/company regulations.
*EMPLOYEE SAFETY TRAINING (manage and direct).
- Manage and direct health and safety training for employees. Maintain OSHA programs.
- Maintain all required OSHA programs: Permit Required Confined Space, Hazard Communication, Hearing Conservation, Process Safety Management, Machine Guarding, Emergency Response, Bloodborne Pathogens, Aerial Lift/Scissor Lift Safety, Respiratory Protection, Personal Protective Equipment, Lockout/Tagout, etc.
INCIDENT INVESTIGATION/SAFETY METRICS:
- Lead root cause investigation of all OSHA recordable incidents, non-recordable incidents and near miss incidents and track corrective and preventative actions
- Demonstrate effective investigative skills to perform root cause analysis and prevention of safety issues
- Maintain OSHA recordkeeping logs and other safety and health records, etc.
INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE MONITORING: Make recommendations for chemical exposure reduction, etc.
OTHER: Make recommendations for safety improvements
- Abide by all Company and OSHA safety standards set for work areas, etc.
REQUIRES bachelors degree Safety, Industrial, Environmental, or Chemical Engineering; Chemistry, Biological Sciences or comparable analytical discipline
*Thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations pertaining to the chemical industry
*7-10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
*Experience in industrial hygiene or professional certification is a plus
IDEAL KEY SKILLS & ABILITIES:
PSM, OSHA, HAZOP, FMEA, ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS, ANALYTICAL & PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS; QUALIFICATIONS
BS degree in Safety, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or similar.
At least 7 years industrial experience.
Well rounded in Behavioral based Safety and Process Safety Management.
Must be hands-on, personable and be able to give safety training
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: