Job #: 9226
Title: Quality Engineer
Job Location: Ashland, Ohio - United States
Salary: $55,000.00 - $80,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: unknown
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Person will work and live in Ohio- Approx. 10% between facilities
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
MAIN RESPONSIBILITY: Serve as a Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance (QA) resource for the Operations, Sales, Engineering, and Quality departments and to Customers to ensure adherence to Customer requirements, regulatory requirements, JOB DESCRIPTION
- Work within the company policies and customer guidelines to manage the quality control and assurance aspects of production and testing. Make recommendations for changes as appropriate.
- Responsible for the application of Customer and quality requirements. This includes updating procedures, work instructions, and forms and reviewing customer specifications.
- Design and refine methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection. Conduct analysis, design test equipment and complete research to determine effectiveness of methods. Work with Quality Manager on change implementation.
- Serve as a resource to supervisors, engineers, operations, and the Quality Team for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Educate employees on the quality policy, including creating materials and delivering training. Answer questions regarding company quality policy and technical issues.
- Lead and participate in internal, external, customer, and regulatory quality audits.
- Act as communication liaison to management regarding quality metrics, quality problems, trends, losses, and recommendations for quality improvement.
- Remain current on developments in quality testing methodologies including technology enhancements; attend periodic seminars, forums and meetings; corrective action verification.
- Investigate customer returns including root cause determination and corrective action implementation. This includes direct customer contact through conference calls and on-site visits.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Titanium and many other Specialty Alloys in the form of shaped bars (round, rectangle, hex, etc.), fastener wire, spring wire, weld wire, medical wire and precision ground medical bar.
- Bachelors Degree in Quality Engineering, comparable Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred, but not required.
- American Society for Quality (ASQ)m Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) Certified Quality Technician (CQT) and Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) certifications preferred.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: