Job #: 9244
Title: Senior Lead Quantitative Risk Modeler (Financial Services)
Job Location: Dallas, Texas - United States
Salary: $110,000.00 - $190,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Senior Lead Quantitative Risk Modeler (Financial Services) - Description
Opportunity involves gathering and understanding model requirements, purpose and use, analyzing large data sets, designing and coding new and existing models, anticipating and resolving effective challenges to model design, participating in model documentation and validation, and communicating conclusions. The scope of the role includes internally developed consumer and commercial credit models used for DFAST and FP&A models used for planning and profitability analysis. The primary job function is to collaborate with Finance, Risk and IT partners in developing source code implementing predictive and analytical models to forecast losses & profitability, and increase revenue. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Research and dimension the scope, nature, business implications, work-flow, data & time requirements for model code and configuration changes/designs.
- Advance, implement and run credit loss models to support the bank`s stress-testing and regulatory DFAST filing.
- Develop, implement and run FP&A models for predicting business trends and providing analyses that drive business decisions and business planning.
- Expert knowledge and experience with the client bank`s data systems and tools.
- Maintain rigorous work papers during the model development process. Author reports documenting the design, development, testing and use of new models, and changes to existing models.
- Develop strong relationships with client bank lines of business, Finance, Risk & IT partners, ensuring support requirements are met.
- Participate in the Model Risk Management change control process
- 4 + years of modeling/analytical experience within a commercial bank or financial institution.
- Solid knowledge of statistical theory, in particular general linear models, categorical data analysis, and time-series estimation,
- Expert knowledge and skills in statistical programming (SAS, SQL, Matlab, R). Experience working with complex data structures. Ability to apply methods to real-world problems.
- Strong ability with standard software tools such as Excel/VBA, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Good business knowledge and familiarity with consumer/small business/commercial banking products, operations and processes.
- Model development or validation experience with DFAST and/or CCAR.
- Significant skill & experience with financial risk modeling.
- Experience with common risk tools and bank systems such as Moody`s, Yield book, SNL, Bloomberg.
- Experience in developing constructive relationships with a wide range of different stakeholders.
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written) and ability to multitask.
- Masters` degree in econometrics, statistics, data analytics or other quantitative fields (e.g. physics, math, engineering, etc.) Finance or Business MS/MBA with strong quantitative and programming background also acceptable.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: