Job #: 9208
Title: Clinic Nurse
Job Location: East Syracuse, New York - United States
Salary: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Clinic Nurse - RN
Jamesville, NY (just outside of Syracuse, NY) JOB DESCRIPTION
Clinic Nurse - RN
Jamesville, NY (just outside of Syracuse, NY)
Under the daily supervision of the Manager, Clinic RN, provides direct nursing care to participants according to best practice nursing standards; is responsible for assessment of health needs; promotes and aids in maintaining the health of the participants through teaching and initiating appropriate preventative interventions; and acts as the primary support to the providers.
Top Job Duties Specific to This Position:
- Conducts nursing assessment of participants and provides nursing care for ongoing or episodic illnesses.
- Reviews participant`s medical record to ascertain pertinent information for follow-up during clinic visit.
- Observes participant and assesses for changes in clinical and/or functional status and initiates appropriate follow-up actions; reports changes in condition and/or concerns to provider or clinical coordinator as appropriate.
- Provides skilled nursing care and prescribed treatments to participants; assesses and documents data relevant to the participant`s current health status, medical history and care plan needs; communicates changes in needs to appropriate team members.
- Provides telephone triage; makes an assessment of the participant`s problem after careful questioning and active listening to what is said and through subtle indicators such as incomplete responses, tone of voice, etc.; provides advice for minor problems; requests Home Care skilled nursing visit for further assessment or makes arrangements for the participant to be seen in the clinic the same day/next day as appropriate; seeks guidance from a provider based upon participant`s symptomology, risk factors, advance directives, etc.; facilitates 911 activation for severe, life threatening symptoms or caller`s preference.
- Degree from an accredited school of nursing required.
- BSN or BS in related field preferred. Associates with strong experience will be considered
- Must have NYS RN license in good standing and current registration.
- Minimum 1-2 years acute care/long term care or physician office setting preferably to include geriatric patients.
- Proven patient assessment skills.
- Current knowledge of best practice nursing standards and care.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Strong clinical and multitasking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients, residents, and families from diverse backgrounds who may have physical, sensory and mental impairments.
- Prior charge nurse experience a plus.
- Proficient with computers and able to learn new software rapidly.
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: