Job #: 9288
Title: Manufacturing Execution System IT Systems Engineer #18-739477
Job Location: Lincoln, Nebraska - United States
Salary: $45,000.00 - $60,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We have partnered with a major healthcare organization in Lincoln, NE looking for a full-time Health Information Management (HIM) Records Supervisor. This is a great opportunity for a HIM Records Supervisor to get in with an organization that treats their employees great. They have wonderful benefits and culture. Many employees that come to this organization never leave! Plus, this is a great place to advance your career.
The HIM Records Supervisor oversees and supervises the work functions and staffing of the functional areas assigned. JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsibilities of the HIM Records Supervisor: QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for the performance, coaching, and evaluation of employees.
- Ensure positive interaction of staff with customers, as well as the quality and accuracy of work performed by staff.
- Serve as a liaison between functional areas and internal/external customers.
- Provide input and work in collaboration with the HIM Records Manager to implement efficiencies, economies, and best practices.
- Provide staff leadership, supervise staff, and maintain staff work schedules to obtain an efficient and cooperative environment
- Review and edit employee timecards.
- Monitor quality assurance, productivity, and accuracy and provide feedback to staff.
- Prioritize workflow; assist in capturing statistical data to track volumes and productivity of functional work area.
- Maintain cooperative rapport with other medical center staff, departments, patients, and external customers.
- Coordinate with HIM Project Coordinator in ordering supplies and forms, and contacting companies to keep equipment in good working order.
- Utilize problem-solving skills to address issues and work problems; notify management when further assistance/support is needed
- May assume management responsibilities in the absence of management.
Requirements of the of the HIM Records Supervisor:
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws as they relate to health information management, HIPAA, and release of information.
- Knowledge of computer hardware equipment and software applications relevant to work functions including the ability to use applicable Microsoft applications proficiently.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to schedule, direct, counsel and evaluate employee work and performance.
- Ability to monitor employees workflow and make adjustments accordingly.
- Ability to develop written policies and procedures, memoranda and performance evaluations with measurable behaviors.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel, medical staff, volunteer and ancillary departments.
- Associates Degree in Health Information Science or health information-related area required.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in health information management required.
- Current certification as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: