Job #: 9490
Title: Nurse Practitioner
Job Location: Canandaigua, New York - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Located at the tip of Canandaigua Lake, this location is in the heart of the Finger Lakes Region.
A vacation destination for wine and water lovers.
NO NIGHTS, WEEKENDS OR HOLIDAYS. JOB DESCRIPTION
Nurse Practitioner in Mental Health
Full time - Direct Hire - Flexible 30-40 hrs (Full time is considered 30hrs./wk. to be benefit eligible)
Monday-Friday, no holidays or weekends - No On-call
Salary: 90000-130000 - based on experience, hours and certifications. Possibly more for a super strong candidate.
Patient population: All ages, dually diagnosed, MH/developmentally disabled
LOCATION(s): Cayuga Clinic, Ontario Clinic, Seneca Clinic
Psychiatric nurses provide specialized care to individuals, groups and collaterals with mental disorders. The psychiatric nurse will need to diagnose, start a treatment plan for the patient, maintain health records, and help find therapeutic ways for the patient to manage their mental illness. In addition, provide information to patients and collaterals and help prepare patients for therapy.
He/she will also need to be able to understand patients` needs, be patient, have good communication skills, and be able to work well under pressure. Additionally, psychiatric nurses also need to be able to explain information and issues effectively to family, friends, when explaining mental illness-related issues.
New position - working for consulting psychiatrist
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides Nurse Practitioner services on an individual or group basis to individuals and families who need these supports.
2. Compile and evaluate medical history and mental health findings.
3. Facilitate communication between psychiatric services, programs and care givers.
4. Initiate, monitor and recommend medications and treatment changes.
5. Manage caseload and documentation.
6. Provide comprehensive assessment of patient.
7. Utilizes team approach to focus community resources to develop a unified and effective treatment approach.
8. Completes all clinical billing as per Article 16 Clinic policies and procedures.
9. Provides crisis intervention on an as needed basis. Completes incident reports using the correct format. Provides follow up for Incident Reports/Incident Review Committee.
10. Adheres to all Agency Policy and Procedure. Utilizes appropriate process to report issues.
11. Advocates for consumer needs as necessary. QUALIFICATIONS
Must be certified and registered as a nurse practitioner (NP) by the New York State Education Department (NYSED) in order to practice as an NP in New York. SED certification to practice Psychiatry preferred.
Psychiatric and/or Mental Health NP Certification preferred but not required
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: