Job #: 9509
Title: Site Reliability Engineer with Python, Perl or Java
Job Location: Stamford, Connecticut - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Strong annual bonuses and superior benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relo assistance available on case by case basis
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client, known for their technological innovations, creates ultra-scalable and highly reliable software systems which offer consistent and dependable platforms for sophisticated trading and investment clients.
This company is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer, skilled in Linux plus Python, Perl or Java, who will focus on system scalability and automation of systems. This SRE will work closely with internal software engineers and will be involved in all phases of the SDLC including developing new software features, applying automation and improving scaling as necessary.
This is an outstanding career opportunity with a hi-tech company that rewards good work strong bonuses and superior benefits. There is very strong learning potential due to company`s advanced systems and the respected software products that they build JOB DESCRIPTION
- Build automated tools to measure and monitor availability and health of the systems.
- Work with other internal software developers to make improvements to increase availability and performance of the systems.
- Make systems more scalable and evolve systems by analyzing and recommending changes that improve reliability and response times.
- Provide analysis and support for performance incidents response times and postmortems.
- Actively utilize Perl, Python or Java in a Linux/Unix environment for building automated system, trouble-shooting, debugging or optimizing code
- Actively engage in learning sophisticated systems used or developed by this highly successful Fin-Tech company
- Solid knowledge of the Linux OS.
- Programming with at least one of the following: Python, Perl or Java. Skill in more than one of these coding languages is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Apache, Tomcat and Jboss.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Ability to troubleshoot performance-related issues in a Linux environment.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Must be highly analytical and have ability to independently solve complex problems.
- Masters or BS in Computer Science or related technical field such as Engineering, Physics, Mathematics etc.
Additional preferred skills:
- Familiarity with Ansible, mod_security, reverse proxy, php, docker, networking is a plus.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
Highly desireable employer which doesn`t outsource, has never had a layoff in 40 years of business and offers excellent bonus potential and superior benefits to employees.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: